Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baseball Hall of Fame

Congrats to Barry Larkin for being selected for induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Now a friendly word to the voters...WAKE UP!!! How the hell did Jeff Bagwell not make it in again this year? He played in an era where steriods were present, but never once was suspended or found guilty of using them. Yet, the voters shut him out once again. McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro...got it!! I wish the voters would use FACTS and not assumptions when casting their ballots.

Last edited by kelmac07; 01-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Baseball Hall of Fame

I completely agree with you Mac. Bag's numbers say one thing about the guy. He should be in the Hall. He is simply guilty by association. He got bigger as his career went on and hit more home runs, therefore he must be juicing. What a crock. I also think it's a shame that Jack Morris isn't in yet either. He was simply the best pitcher of the 1980's. And if for nothing else, that game 7 of the 1991 World Series should get him in! I am biased about that one though.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I completely agree with you Mac. Bag's numbers say one thing about the guy. He should be in the Hall. He is simply guilty by association. He got bigger as his career went on and hit more home runs, therefore he must be juicing. What a crock. I also think it's a shame that Jack Morris isn't in yet either. He was simply the best pitcher of the 1980's. And if for nothing else, that game 7 of the 1991 World Series should get him in! I am biased about that one though.

Maybe Its me but I kinda lump Bagwell in with those guys as well. I'm sorry but it is definitely guilt by association. I do agree that Morris should be in the hall, and that there are most certainly guys who are in the hall that weren't half as good as he was.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

good blog on the topic....about the upcoming 2013 class...

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbsspor...97882/34288363
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

I totally agree Mac! Larkin is one of my all time favs!

Also...I think some people who vote, simply vote based on names they know rather than how people played.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Barry Larkin was my idol growing up here in Cincy. Glad to see him make it in!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a major brain block trying to figure out who else came out in that rookie class with Bagwell that was also a monster. All I keep coming up with is Royce Clayton, and he sure isn't it.
I had to look it up, it was Chuck Knoblauch for the AL, and his numbers weren't close to Bag's.

Last edited by shilala; 01-10-2012 at 08:14 AM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Scott...Knoblauch? Mr "I can't throw the ball to first anymore".
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
but it was FUN to watch!!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Where's Jerry Koosman!?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I can just remember all the stroke flying around when Bagwell came up. It may have been the year before. For some reason I had it in my head that he was tied real close to another ball player with a name that started with B.
It's just another massive memory failure, that's all.
Bagwell and Biggio. Hah!!! I got it.
It's just that none of the other stuff that was swimming around in my head was remotely connected.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I can't stand the "first ballot, second ballot" label these elitist voters slap these guys with. What's worse is when they wait until the guy dies then put him in post-mordem. Gee thanks.

There's no reason not to put Jack Morris in the hall. For that matter, look at Lou Whitaker's numbers compared to other 2nd basemen that are already in yet he's barely an afterthought.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Tigers fan Mike? ....big Sweet Lou fan.....Lou and Trammell made a great combo...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Tigers fan Mike? ....big Sweet Lou fan.....Lou and Trammell made a great combo...
You saw through me. But, I'm not arguing my feelings per se. The stats backup Lou and Morris. Tram, not as much, but it's not a huge strech. It would be nice for all three to get in.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Barry Larkin was my idol growing up here in Cincy. Glad to see him make it in!

Congrats to Barry!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote