Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My Uzi Weighs a Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Smoked one of these this Spring...bought as an obligatory "I'm smoking in your B&M so I will buy some cigars" purchase, but was pleasantly suprised. Not something I would smoke often at the price point, but a better smoke than the name suggested.
I've seen them go under $55/10 all the time on cigarsprintsale.com. I think they appear on the monster occasionally also.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I've seen them go under $55/10 all the time on cigarsprintsale.com. I think they appear on the monster occasionally also.
Definitely a lot less than I paid for a single at a B&M, Duane...but frankly, I am not terribly interested in buying 10 of these.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardcigar View Post
I'm not sure how old the spec sheet is, but i would assume the "bait fish" would just be labeled and displayed the same as the current 3 sizes.

Ever look at the logo on the packaging and the bands? It is. The display not being the same means nothing. Following your logic, coffined or A/T cigars in a line wouldn't be part of the line because the rest of the line comes in 20, 24 or 25 count boxes when the coffins or A/Ts come in boxes of 10 or 15.

Plus, I was in Nicaragua standing next to Jon when these were first created, it's the same tobaccos. But hey, whatever you say man...

Last edited by T.G; 10-13-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
Nice review.. I guess I'm one of the only ones that thought it was pretty bland and boring, but that's the beauty of cigars
I have the same opinion. Now the +11 is a different story, I like that one.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
backyardcigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I have the same opinion. Now the +11 is a different story, I like that one.
Except for the bait fish, i have tried the entire MUWAT line and wanted my review to reflect the whole line, instead of just one single size, as they all seem to be the same.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #26
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Except for the bait fish, i have tried the entire MUWAT line

So, you've never actually tried the Baitfish, but yet, you're an expert on it. Oh, the irony.

Last edited by T.G; 10-14-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #27
backyardcigar

never claimed to be an expert on anything, dunno where you get that from?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #28
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Oh, I dunno, maybe the multiple posts you made correcting numerous people? Or maybe even trying to correct a company issued data sheet? Nah.... Couldn't possibly be that...
Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #29
backyardcigar

Again, i don't know where you get that i ever said anywhere on here that i was any kind of expert.

if you don't want me around here, then stop beating around the bush and say so.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #30
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

You tried to correct a company data sheet with zip to back it up and you don't see how you somehow painted yourself as the expert in the process?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #31
backyardcigar

what correction? i stated an opinion, you are attacking me over opinions.

i never corrected the data sheet and you sit here and judge me unfairly because you don't agree with my opinions?

all i ever said was i see the baitfish as an offshoot from the main Uzi line. that's called an opinion.

i posted under another review for the burn by rocky patel and simply stated that according to the photo, the poster was smoking a Burn Naples, which is tweaked version of the Burn that is sold by Retailers designated Official Rocky Patel lounges.

Last edited by backyardcigar; 10-14-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #32
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #33
backyardcigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Really?

Old 10-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #34
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Yes REALLY! You make an ignorant statement and then say its only your opinion when it is shown to be wrong. Why not just admit you made a mistake? Why continue to show your ignorance by not accepting the fact that you were wrong? You seem like a typical blogger, lots of worthless opinions based upon some feeling that you actually know something about cigars.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #35
backyardcigar

Your Delusional, i refuse to apologize for stating my opinion.

what are you gonna do ban me?

Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #36
backyardcigar

There is nothing special about the baitfish, the name was coined by botl.com forum members for a shorter version of the main line, everything is the same except for the size and ring gauge.

Many B+M do not carry this off shoot from the main uzi line as it is not in as high a demand as the the rest of the MUWAT line.

the spec sheet that was posted is clearly outdated anyways, plus spec sheets do not always reflect the final product line, that's why it's a speculative sheet.

I'm sorry if some of you get your panties in a bunch because i don't follow along your ways of thinking.

again, if you want to ban me over my opinions, go right ahead.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #37
jkim05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is nothing special about the baitfish, the name was coined by botl.com forum members for a shorter version of the main line, everything is the same except for the size and ring gauge.

Many B+M do not carry this off shoot from the main uzi line as it is not in as high a demand as the the rest of the MUWAT line.

the spec sheet that was posted is clearly outdated anyways, plus spec sheets do not always reflect the final product line, that's why it's a speculative sheet.

I'm sorry if some of you get your panties in a bunch because i don't follow along your ways of thinking.

again, if you want to ban me over my opinions, go right ahead.
Actually spec sheet is short for specifications sheet.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #38
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

People won't be banned over an opinion.
People have been banned for personal insults. Debate opinions all day long but everyone needs to stop with the insults.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #39
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Is is only my opinion, but . . .

If someone calls themselves the editor of a cigar review site, they are making a claim to expertise of some sort. When it appears that the same person is also the reviewer and content generator (except where obtained from another source), then it appears that the same person is claiming additional expertise.

Of course, you could put a disclaimer at the top: I know nothing about cigars but decided to write up my opinion, which by my definition is true and correct and unassailable.

Mind you, that's just my opinion. But it is also my opinion that when you venture outside of your very small sandbox (my opinion, I haven't seen your sandbox) that your opinions and assertions (which are different from opinions, look it up, Mr Editor - that's not an opinion, that there is sarcasm) are open to criticism by other people using both opinions and assertions. When both sides are willing to investigate assertions to ascertain "truthiness" (love Colbert), then incorrect assertions can be corrected and sometimes opinions will change. This is called dialog.

Of course, people can come away from a dialog with the same opinions and assertions as before. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Happens enough, said people often grab their pail and shovel and go back to their sand box where their truthiness prevails.

Once again, just my opinion.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #40
backyardcigar

so does that you and other members of this site experts in being complete assholes?
  Received Infraction
Closed Thread