Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Del Campo robusto

These Nicaraguan 125mm long ring 50 robusto comes with 4 of his brothers in a wooden box and are wrapped in a tobacco leaf. They look rustic a manly with a raw, rough dark oily wrapper full of veins and their simple cigar band. The price is quite all right, only 22,50 euro for a box of 5. The construction is good and the aroma is that of burned wood.

I tasted a sweet woody flavor, very nice actually with some sweet herbs on the background. The sweetness fades away while the herb flavors grow a bit in strength. Halfway there is a sour flavor and the cigar really loses much of its attraction and the downgrade continues. It becomes spicier but in an unpleasant way, a bit of a burning sensation on the tip of my tongue. The turning point comes pretty early.

Lots of white smoke, straight burn and firm ash.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it had a very promising start but could not keep up. It went too far downhill.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote