Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Don Lino Africa

Got this one as part of a Bao bomb (thanks brother!) Didn't know much about the brand at all but was curious. It's cold out here tonight so I figured it was a robusto size and would do the trick with a bit of boubon to keep the blood warm.

It had a redolent reddish brown wrapper to it that smelled powerful put the prelight taste was smooth and nutty. I was excited to smoke this cigar.

Torched it up and began. The first inch of the cigar was peppery, not too much, like a nice hit of white pepper on the tongue, a hint of cedar and toast cam through as well. The burn was a rose petal one but corrected itself after about a inch or so.

The ash was white but a bit flaky. It did however last about an inch or so before dropping. The stick deveoped and some nice nuttiness and woodiness followed through the second third of the stick.

I actually called Bao around this point as we have never spoke before but I left him my # in a PM and he texted me. I thanked him for the smoke andwe spoke about getting together to herf when I am in MA as my wife attends school up there in Cambridge. Speaking with Bao made this experience even better and buddy, if you read this, I value your friendship even know we have never formally met and thank you for the thoughtful bomb.

The cigar finished with some good smoke, burnt toast and cedar. I thoroughly enjoyed this stick and would give it an 7.5 out of 10.

Thanks again Bao.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bomb2.jpg (70.4 KB, 387 views)
File Type: jpg DonLino1.jpg (95.7 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg DonLino2.jpg (71.9 KB, 368 views)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Don Lino Africa

Nice review... it is definitely a good stick. Not my personal favorite, but I do enjoy smoking one every now and then!
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
greenwit

I like 'em alot when they burn for me.....but they don't like me. More like hate because they all seem to burn about as bad as a stick can possibly burn. I bought a bundle from C-bid....corona gordas and they will not cooperate.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

These are decent cigars. I enjoy them every now and then.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

I've smoked through a 5pk of the Duma (robustos) and haven't had any burn problems. I let them rst for several months at low rh. Like the flavor profile - cameroon tang backed with some muscle and spice.

BlackIrish
Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Bao strikes again! Nice review.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
Waynegro1

Nice review and thank you for it. I've not tried one yet and I've been very curious about them. I've heard both good and bad (as in all cigars), I'll have to try and get one of these.
Thanks again for the review.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I have one in my humi, might smoke it tonight.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
nozero

Nice review!

Late last year, I purchased a CI sampler with five of these (Duma) and five of the Kuros for $25.00, I like the Duma the most.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 AM   #10
Pyro
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Per
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Pyro is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, Don Lino Africa is ok when young but turns out fabulous when aged properly for two years. One of the yummiest cigars I have!
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
dccraft

I have onle ever tried one of these but it was very delicious and wouldn't mind to place a few more in the ol' humi
Old 10-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks, I have been thinking about buying some of these.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote