Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #21
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can't we all just get along?!?!?

Correct. Guest's/non-members cannot see the GB room.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I used to make a living off of selling stuff at an incredibly low margin. The whining never stopped and I got regular calls from my vendors to "report a complaint".
Sometimes they'd tell me who was doing the complaining, and usually it was someone I considered a "friend" in the business. It always reminded me of the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
Normally the biggest complainers would be the guys who were moving ten pieces a year. Their thinking was "I'm not making any money selling this stuff and it's languishing on my shelves cause this guy is cutting my throat", when, in fact, they weren't moving stuff because they didn't have a customer base because they wouldn't lose a nickel to take care of a customer.

Long story short, in my experience, the whining fell on deaf ears, so far as the companies was concerned. They don't care any more for a whiner than we do.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #23
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Jay, your work is appreciated. I am disappointed that I couldn't be a part of your latest, as the funds aren't what I'd like them to be.

But that someone would do this? That's surely disappointing.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post

Long story short, in my experience, the whining fell on deaf ears, so far as the companies was concerned. They don't care any more for a whiner than we do.
I hope that is normally the case.

Insert quote here.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

For the record, I would not have purchased one had there not been a group buy. So no retailer lost any of my money. I would imagine that I am not the only one with that scenario.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #26
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I think sometimes it is retailers who can't/won't meet or beat the GB price, Jay. They fear you cutting into their profits. I have seen it at Poof more than once.
My thoughts exactly.

And I know retailers make their money by retailing, but good lord, can't you let some brothers work a deal on their own without getting all pissy. If it's that big of a deal to you as to complain to the manufacturer, you know there is enough interest out there to do this, try doing it on your own and helping the community instead of trying to make the most dollar on every sale. Sometimes volume is gonna beat margin. Just my Whoever you are, you're lame.

And as someone who participated in your last go round, Jay, I appreciate your efforts and thanks again for doing that for us.

Last edited by rizzle; 02-18-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #27
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

same thing happened to a member from CS when he did a GB for a 100ct Humi....someone informed the manufacturer that he was sealing at cost and the vendor dropped his account.........GB are a good thing, especially when its an item you'd buy at full price (but times are tuff) if you had the spare funds