Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #5541
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: What beers are you enjoying?

Black Butte Porter

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #5542
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Harpoon IPA! One Of The Best IPA's I've Had So Far!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #5543
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Thelonius Monk or somebody on it?? (DFH?)
maybe you saw this?

Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #5544
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Anyone have impressions on that Bit@hes Brew, I think it said Thelonius Monk or somebody on it?? (DFH?)
I saw it a few pages back, and that's one of the bottles I saw on the shelf at Buster's. If it is worth having
I might go back tomorrow and get a few bottles.
B'ches' Brew looks like this:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits...***es-brew.htm

If that's what you saw, I would grab all I could. Or at least 1 extra bottle that I would love to trade for --DFH didn't ship to Richmond, or if they did, I missed it all. Surprised it's still on your shelves, it was released last summer and went quick, thanks to the Brewmasters Show on Discovery.

Ah man--the filter messed up the link!

Try this, it's listed here, too:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits...ties/index.htm

Last edited by kaisersozei; 04-20-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: filtered!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #5545
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Haha, turns out a picture is NOT worth a thousand dollars. The plain old Brother Thelonius was of course
what I saw. I think it gets easier once you get used to shopping for the stuff and seeing what's available.
But I did get another haul....story in the other thread.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #5546
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
B'ches' Brew looks like this:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits...***es-brew.htm

If that's what you saw, I would grab all I could. Or at least 1 extra bottle that I would love to trade for --DFH didn't ship to Richmond, or if they did, I missed it all. Surprised it's still on your shelves, it was released last summer and went quick, thanks to the Brewmasters Show on Discovery.

Ah man--the filter messed up the link!

Try this, it's listed here, too:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits...ties/index.htm
The first batch released last summer sold out quickly indeed but not because of Brewmasters. They released a second batch in November/December to coincide with the premier of Brewmasters and that second batch was even more difficult to find due to the show. Good stuff, though. Not sure if it's worth all the trouble, but very good nonetheless.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #5547
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #5548
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by romwarrior View Post
so you enjoyed it? Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #5549
W.B.
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
W.B. is on a distinguished road

Sprecher Black Bavarian with a Nicaraguan cigar.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #5550
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

This thread has a funny name. I am DRINKING a Hop Wallop. I am not enjoying a Hop Wallop. No offense to
hop lovers, but I forgot what it is I do not care for in a hoppy beer. I am a malty guy. I can tolerate the other 5
I have, especially since it may end up that a friend drinks his share over a few BBQ weekends. But it's ironic
that the beer I have the most quantity in is the one I will end up liking least....probably, lol. Reminds me of
a heavy Corona.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #5551
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
This thread has a funny name. I am DRINKING a Hop Wallop. I am not enjoying a Hop Wallop. No offense to
hop lovers, but I forgot what it is I do not care for in a hoppy beer. I am a malty guy. I can tolerate the other 5
I have, especially since it may end up that a friend drinks his share over a few BBQ weekends. But it's ironic
that the beer I have the most quantity in is the one I will end up liking least....probably, lol. Reminds me of
a heavy Corona.
Age/cellar it, the hops will fade and it will be more malty. May defeat the purpose of that particular beer, but they will fade fairly quick and it will give you some idea of what aging does to beers (and a cheap lesson too as you already bought the beer). Open one every 3-4 months. It's 8.5 ABV, should hold up well and become more malty as the hops fade.

BTW, I am not advocating aging beers like this one. Just in this case, he doesn't like the beer he already has, was interested in what aging does to beers.....seems like a slam dunk. I don't want to start the whole "you're not supposed to age hoppy beers" debate.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #5552
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
Age/cellar it, the hops will fade and it will be more malty. May defeat the purpose of that particular beer, but they will fade fairly quick and it will give you some idea of what aging does to beers (and a cheap lesson too as you already bought the beer). Open one every 3-4 months. It's 8.5 ABV, should hold up well and become more malty as the hops fade.

BTW, I am not advocating aging beers like this one. Just in this case, he doesn't like the beer he already has, was interested in what aging does to beers.....seems like a slam dunk. I don't want to start the whole "you're not supposed to age hoppy beers" debate.
Hey! I read you are not supposed to age hoppy beers?!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #5553
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post

I age them in my belly!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #5554
OLS
Suck It

I tell you what Seth, Cigars have taught me a very important thing, NEVER just dump something you have
that you don't like. It will always change, lol. I think your advice here is solid. And the beer is not terrible, it's
just outside my strike zone.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #5555
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post

Except for Pliny and and Blind Pig from Russian River. They explicitly tell you on the label that those beers are best enjoyed with alot of age on them.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #5556
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga View Post
Except for Pliny and and Blind Pig from Russian River. They explicitly tell you on the label that those beers are best enjoyed with alot of age on them.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #5557
druturn

Quote:
a heavy Corona.
I am totally with you on this. I love beer so much, but I still can't stand super hoppy beer. I love Lagers and Ale, but hoppy IPAs just don't do it for me. Also, I am currently drinking a Dos Equis.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #5558
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by druturn View Post
I am totally with you on this. I love beer so much, but I still can't stand super hoppy beer. I love Lagers and Ale, but hoppy IPAs just don't do it for me. Also, I am currently drinking a Dos Equis.
I was the same way for the longest time. I couldnt stand IPA's. Then for the sake of expanding my horizons and at least saying i tried, i picked up a few IPA samplers from the local store. I actually enjoyed several of them and have since got a taste for them. Now if you look in my fridge its mostly IPA's
Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #5559
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Once you have a GOOD IPA, you almost have to like them. While not my favorite style of beer some of them are just damn good. Three Floyds Dreadnaught and Stone Ruination come to mind. I also like the DFH 120 minute IPA.

I will say though there are a TON of mediocre IPA's out there. By Mediocre I mean I would just about pour them down the drain. Boring.....
Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #5560
stoogie007

Stone Brewing Co. 'Stone Smoked Porter' - GREAT!

Closed Thread