Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

View Poll Results: What shape do you want
Nose Warmer 6 85.71%
"My Design" If you would like it modified its possible just explain in post below 1 14.29%
Other.. Please post what you have in mind 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough
Default CA Pipe 2010

We have a price thread now lets start a design thread to figure out what you guys want. Unless I get information about designs and such from EVERYONE I can't get anything done. We already have a few votes for a nosewarmer but I havent heard from 90% of the people that posted on the last thread.

Ok so what designs do you want... Here's "my design"
[IMG][/IMG]
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CA Pipe 2010

I think once we get a design, such as full smooth, full rusticated, or a blend of both (obviously more expensive) we can have different sizes made, such as a nose warmer, free hand, classic, or whatever. As long as we decide on a basic shape we can build off that.

I realize people would like to spend less than $100 on this but as Tim posted in the original thread that unless we go with a machine made (being boswell isnt taking special orders now) there is almost no way of keeping the price under $100.
My other opinion is that this is a special limited once a year pipe and I believe to get a really nice handmade pipe you need to spend the money...

Its just like if you really want to buy a cigar for a special occasion, lets say a padron 80th but you only wanna spend $20 you either dont buy it or you spend a little more than you wanted and get it anyway. This is the same kind of special occasion, it happens once a year and I think we should consider spending a bit more money for a really nice pipe and if people can't afford it then they don't get it.

End Rant
Old 10-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I voted nosewarmer, but we can make a nosewarmer out of your design.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC

Bump.. there were a lot of responses in the other thread lets get them over here
Old 10-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88 View Post
Bump.. there were a lot of responses in the other thread lets get them over here
Sorry, I "can't get it." If I could blow more than $100 on a pipe, I would want a smooth one. Maybe a half-bent or full-bent billiard. Some of the nosewarmers might be alright.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
Sorry, I "can't get it." If I could blow more than $100 on a pipe, I would want a smooth one. Maybe a half-bent or full-bent billiard. Some of the nosewarmers might be alright.
I need more recommendations for places to go that will do a more inexpensive pipe...
Called Boswell and they cannot do anything for us yet and no timetable when they can either
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

I went ahead and voted. I think we may be off the mark on going to a maker and saying we would like this shape, finish and price. We my have to start with we have this many folks looking for a pipe in this price range what can you come up with. Just my 2 cents. I will ask around the pipe show and see what I can find out there for us. I know for me the fact that it is the CA pipe round two will mean more to me than it being x shape and from y pipe carver.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote