Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Shack Liquors list

That was a beautiful sight!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
Rock Star
Mike Hawk for President

First Name: Freddy
Trading: (1)
Rock Star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I spy two bottles of Saphire but what is this...No Jack? No Jamesons? Hmmm. Those must have gone empty already!
look at the blow up pic...back right..2 uncracked liters..there were 4 of them..makers..you name it, it was there
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #23
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Right next to the Saphire. I'll make an apt with the eye doctor next week!

I there an after shot of what's left?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I there an after shot of what's left?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #25
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I spy Six Grapes.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Tom, that wasn't that girl you were doing shots with was it!...or was that her mother?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I have to say, I got there pretty early on Thursday, mostly cause it was HOT in Memphis and I wanted OUT.
But when I got there at nearly the crack of dawn, that table was 98% covered. All I can figure is that there
might have been a few left un-tapped from a previous wedding of a certain dude, or that the story Dave
told about the liquor store was a little more serious than I originally thought. Yeah, there was some stuff.
What I brought ended up filling the last empty spaces/.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #28
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I spy two bottles of Saphire but what is this...No Jack? No Jamesons? Hmmm. Those must have gone empty already!
I think it is pretty common at the Shack that the pre-buy does not contain some of those
types of liquor because Dave knows that those are pretty personal choice items and folks
end up bringing LOTS of top Whiskeys, Rums and Vodkas. No Jack is a funny story.
There was Basil Hayden, Wild Turkey, 4 Roses single barrel, Woodford Reserve, and about
8-9 more I have forgotten. As for scotch, I am not sure there was more than about a
half dozen bottles, but I know I am wrong. This year the RUM stock was off the freraking
charts, too. There were no less than 12 different types of any one liquor, and many
duplicates. Gins might have been light, but I didn't LOOK for em. They might also be
in the Martini making station in the executive lodge...
Old 08-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Two half gallons of Jack Daniels, and I don't think any went to waste. Good thing I don't drink bourbon, they would have needed to be replenished after Thursday like the tequila.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

There was plenty of Jack and gin. There were two half gallons of Sapphire, two fifths of Tanqueray, and a fifth of Beefeater when I got there. I added another half gallon of Sapphire and a fifth of regular Bombay. Later someone else added two fifths of OLDS (I believe that's the name) gin. It tasted like it had a little whiskey or something blended into it.

OLS was right about the rum, tons to choose from, including Centenario XX. Great stuff!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #31
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Sounds the The shack is straight up intense. I'm sad I missed it but it'll give me something to look forward to next year!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #32
OLS
Suck It

I humbly offer you my spot. As I stated somewhere else, I think that people like me who are not
exactly hard core should give up their spot after a few years to let in the new blood. There is
a group of 50% of the guys/gals who would never THINK about missing one. But if we were all like
that, it would be up to 300+ people next year. That means there would be 9 in my room at Surf.

I don't mean to say that it is not AWESOME, or for that matter that there is ANYTHING wrong with
going every year. Not at all. But when I went to bed Thusday at 11, I had been up for 42 hours
and I was beat. Then I petered out again at 11 on Friday. Most of these cats go long into the
3 o'clock hour. Almost everyone goes to 2am. I just start drinking too early and too hard. My second
drink of the Shack on Thursday was Rum and Rum. I totally forgot to put coke in there, I just closed
the Rum, picked another rum and filled to the glass edge. And strangley it was excellent. And strong.

Last edited by OLS; 08-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #33
spivy
I AM THE STIG

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (4)
HUpmann
spivy will become famous soon enoughspivy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
My second
drink of the Shack on Thursday was Rum and Rum. I totally forgot to put coke in there, I just closed
the Rum, picked another rum and filled to the glass edge. And strangley it was excellent. And strong.
That does sound like a good idea. I remember starting with a mountain dew and rum, maybe a shot of mountain dew and the rest was rum.
spivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I humbly offer you my spot. As I stated somewhere else, I think that people like me who are not
exactly hard core should give up their spot after a few years to let in the new blood. There is
a group of 50% of the guys/gals who would never THINK about missing one. But if we were all like
that, it would be up to 300+ people next year. That means there would be 9 in my room at Surf.

I don't mean to say that it is not AWESOME, or for that matter that there is ANYTHING wrong with
going every year. Not at all. But when I went to bed Thusday at 11, I had been up for 42 hours
and I was beat. Then I petered out again at 11 on Friday. Most of these cats go long into the
3 o'clock hour. Almost everyone goes to 2am. I just start drinking too early and too hard. My second
I read your blog on Shack VI. The PPP you mentioned was fun. It was good seeing you again Brad. I hope to see you again next August.