Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default New Kirkland Scotch - Costco

So I was at the local Costco yesterday and they received two skids of new single malt in - a 20 year Speyside priced at $44.95/750ml and an 18 year Islay at 49.99/750ml. These are stellar prices. I couldn't resist and picked up a bottle of the 20 year Speyside.

The 20 year is a Sherry Cask finish and is an Alexander Murray bottling out of Aberdeen. Alexander Murray also bottles the Trader Joes 18 and the Origin series of liquors. I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to crack it tomorrow night for Christmas Eve libations.

I didn't get where the 18 year Islay was coming from, but the last one I had was Kirkland MacCallan and was excellent...
Old 12-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Kirkland Scotch - Costco

I didn't see the Islay or I would have definately got a couple bottles. I did see the 20 year Speyside and 15 year Macallan. I got the Macallan and I am sure it is excellent. I Opened the Speyside the other night and was very impressed. Very smooth. I can't remember the proof but it was exceptionally smooth and very tasty for a Speyside (IMO). They had Johnny Walker blue for about $150 (I think it was). I'd buy three more bottles of the Speyside before the JB Blue - FWIW. Closest Costco is 1.5 hours away. If when I get back I will buy a few bottles of the Speyside and hope the will have the Islay in stock when I am there.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
jrw
On A 72-Hour Psych Hold

Trading: (4)
Partagas
jrw has a spectacular aura aboutjrw has a spectacular aura about

Trader Joe's has an 18 year old Speyside under their label for $26.99. Honey and floral, slight smoke. Might be an even better deal than the Costco version.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Anyone have any insight into why Kirkland brand liquor is not available in Michigan? I assume its the liquor control commission, but I've not been able to find an answer. I'd like to get my hands on some of this stuff.