Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default American Pharoah claims first Triple Crown since 1978

NEW YORK -- At long last, the Triple Crown drought has ended.

American Pharoah led all the way to win the Belmont Stakes by 5½ lengths Saturday, becoming the first horse in 37 years to sweep the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes -- one of the sporting world's rarest feats.

The bay colt with the unusually short tail defeated seven rivals in the grueling 1½-mile race, leading wire-to-wire and covering the distance in 26.65 to end the longest stretch without a Triple Crown champion in history.

Congratulations to Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Victor Espinoza, by way Espinoza was the jockey riding California Chrome last year when he lost his shot at the triple crown at Belmont after winning the first two races.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: American Pharoah claims first Triple Crown since 1978

Ha, just beat me!
Old 06-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Funny he tried to sell the horse a couple years ago and ended up spending 300K to get it back, now after this win even the breeding rights deal that was 20 million (after the first two wins of the crown) will go through the roof.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I follow racing the same as I follow cricket or curling . . . or hockey, for that matter. But I happened to turn on the tube just as they made the final turn and hit the stretch, so I saw history made.

Congrats to all involved, and especially the one that did the work: the horse. At least he has a proper name to enter the record books, unlike that nag from a few years back, whose idiot owners named He's Not Here or Bite My Butt or Eat My Shorts or something equally stupid. Oh, I'll Have Another, that was it. What a sin that would have been.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road

Dang. I had this DVR'd and was looking forward to the suspense when I get home from work. :/
Old 06-07-2015, 06:10 AM   #6
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Great race by American Pharoah, a true champion. My parents always watched the Triple Crown, so we have always watched the race and often went to the see the Preakness in Baltimore. Congrats again to Bob Baffert, Victor Espinoza and American Pharoah for showing that it can be done and that it does take an exceptional horse to win the Triple Crown.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote