Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Murcielago toro

The Murcielago line has quite a history. I remember that the first generation were made by Pepin. I remember buying a few at a B&M. They were good smokes. After the first generation, they were made at Erik Espinosa's La Zona factory. I honestly don't remember if I ever tried them. Now apparently they are being made by A.J. Fernandez? The blend and wrapper have changed on these things with each new version. The latest version has a dark maduro wrapper.

Well, whoever is making these things now, I hope they don't change a damn thing. First off, good burn and good draw. Just a few small corrections in the first 1/2".

This cigar starts off pretty 'strong', but soon settles into a nice medium 'strength' after the first 1/2". Pretty typical maduro flavors in the first half; cocoa/coffee and a bit of a woodsy flavor on the finish. Slow burner as well. I lit this baby up at 7:00 and at 7:42 I'm just reaching the halfway point.

After the halfway point, a little bit of a coconut flavor joins the cocoa and coffee. Let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...this was not a complex cigar. But it was damn tasty and very well constructed. And you can get these for under $4/stick on C-Bid or Cigar Auctioneer. I've snagged 5-packs of these on C-Bid for $11.