Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #81
galaga
Just call me Slappy.

Trading: (3)
galaga has a spectacular aura aboutgalaga has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Cremosa Cubana, hands down.

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

For those of you who weren't on CS back in 2005, Dave had a contest to see which cigar was worse, a Cremosa or a Tamboril. This was my entry after trying both cigars:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
No question although my Tamboril was worse than the Cremosa but I don't want to even look at either one again. The Gurkha Legend in the pppp was really horrible at SH IV too.

Those three stick out as the worst.

No Dave loved 'em....Can't remember which one he liked best though. (Ignore the red look on his face, he's just using the outdoor facilities....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galaga69io.jpg (89.9 KB, 274 views)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #82
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
No, not really.

Now, if it were Liquid-Plumr, that's something I could get behind.
Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #83
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*.
Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #84
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...
Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #85
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road

Maroma.....gave the box away
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #86
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.
*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #87
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.
I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #88
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #89
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.
Heh. I've done that before too.

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

Old 08-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #90
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #91
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.
Equus is Latin for "horse" so...
Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #92
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #93
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.
Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #94
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

1. Acid Kuba Kuba
2. Bucanero red label
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #95
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

Wow!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner For That Feat, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #96
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.
Blasphemy! I have to say a Gurkha Legend is the worst.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #97
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Anything from CFO
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #98
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?
What went wrong was they were delivered.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #99
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

*puts on flame suit*

I am sure i will get a lot of $hit for this post. But I don't like anything from DPG.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #100
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
Trading: (6)
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

Thompson's Iguana. A Candela (and very very green candela at that) wrapped cigar. Kind of tasted like a burning iguana.

I don't remember why I bought these. Must have been Thompson's spiffy catalog, plus I thought green cigars looked cool.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote