Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #21
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (4)
paris1129 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Montegue Cabinet Humidor = AWESOME

How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #22
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
BFallehy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1129 View Post
How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?
I think it was like 70 to 80. Can't remember, I got it almost a year ago.
BFallehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

The Devil does a good job with shipping large humidors. Expensive, but with the price you could pay on your bid it is still usually significantly cheaper. Always remember to open it on the truck because once you sign the delivery papers you have little to no repercussions against CI or C-bid.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #24
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
paris1129 is on a distinguished road

Come on, folks! Who else has one of these bad boys? Post your pics so we can see your setups!!

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
Django
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Django
Trading: (1)
HdM
Django is on a distinguished road

Ok, here's one from across the big pond.
Bought it a while back, but due to low budget and my wife's allergy has had much content added

Oh and it has a Hydra now instead of the emergency-spunge

Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #26
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Wow...these are beautiful humis.

I've already outgrown one humi, maybe it's a good idea to just bite the bullet and upgrade. I have a wedding to pay for this year, but I'm sure I can come up with a good excuse as to why I have to buy one.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 AM   #27
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road

It IS a beautiful humi. I really didn't have high expectations as to looks, etc. when I ordered mine. When I unpacked it, I was very, very pleased with its look AND its functionality. Believe me when I say the depth of it is quite deceiving. It will hold a LOT of cigars. I have 12 boxes in mine right now and it looks quite empty.
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #28
Christoff

I have been looking to get a cabinet humi for a month or so now. I really like the looks of the montegue. Problem is I want cabinet humi and a scotch cabinet all in one. In my searching I was unable to find internal dimensions of the Montegue; I've found the outside to be 30 inches tall. Now with the drawer and the legs that doesnt leave much room down below. Anyone willing to break out the tape measure and find the internal dimensions of the lower portion of the cabinet. I figure I need at least 12, preferably 14-16 inches of vertical space to hold my botles. With a 30 inch total height that doesnt leave me much room for cigars(the main function and reason for having it). Anyone have suggestions? FWI Im new and just used the search button for "cabinet humidor" and this thread was near the top. Forgive my insolence if an older thread has addressed a similar issue.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #29
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
Ok, here's one from across the big pond.
Bought it a while back, but due to low budget and my wife's allergy has had much content added

Oh and it has a Hydra now instead of the emergency-spunge

Do you have any issues with keeping the temp below 75 with the cab sitting in front of a window?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #30
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Beautiful humis! Looks like an elegant side table but open it up... and blam there's stogies lol

aj
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
Django
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Django
Trading: (1)
HdM
Django is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Do you have any issues with keeping the temp below 75 with the cab sitting in front of a window?
Lol, not really.
I live in Holland so in mid-summer outside temperatures usually peak at about 80.
And this is the coldest room in the house

But i did put it in the opposite corner, because i needed better access to the build-in closet behind it.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

I have had a Montague for about 3 years now. GREAT humidor. I know keep a Hydra LG on the bottom and use an AUX fan blowing across some beads to help the top.

I ended up removing one of the shelves to make more room. if you stack the boxes just right you can fit QUITE a bit more int eh dead space behind the drawer. I Was able to fit about 6 extra boxes in that space. These humidors really hold soo much more than it seems. Mine is filled to where things fall out when I open it. IT is sad how fast you can outgrow a humi.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #33
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

So I've done some research and found that this is what I’m looking for. I have a few questions. Its it over kill to get the SM Hydra with the fan extension, 3 fans and 3lbs heartfelt beads? My thought process is the hydra will saturate the beads whenever they need it, but I want enough beads as if they were the only hydration so the humidor will recover faster and stay stable. Also can I just use the Hydra to season it by itself or should I wipe it down and put water in a bowl like a normal seasoning?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #34
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it.
I don't know...once I liquuidate my Cigar01k, I will feel comfortable stocking only what a unit
that size would hold and just buying more as she gets a little emptier. I think it is fair to say
that there is a ritual we all seem to go through where we get a fever, and the only prescription
is more cigar-bell. But I also know there are a ton of people who get to a point and think they
have made an awful mistake letting their budget wildly outgrow their actual needs.
However, I do not know any way AROUND the standard scenario, better known as the slope.
It's just a process like fear, anger, denial, bargaining and acceptance.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #35
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
open it up... and blam
hehehehe
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #36
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
joeobx will become famous soon enough

I don't remember the exact amount of beads I bought but I know it was about 1/2 lb. more than I needed and they seem to do alright. during the winter when the heats running I have to rehydrate about 2 weeks. I put some weather seal along the door where they meet and that helped. Still happy I settled on this one.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #37
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Anybody have any feed back on "The Lauderdale" model. I like the look more than the Montegue. As OLS points out I am well past my slope days and cant afford it anyway. This size will hold exactly what I want and need. The Price is right for my broke arse also.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #38
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
So I've done some research and found that this is what I’m looking for. I have a few questions. Its it over kill to get the SM Hydra with the fan extension, 3 fans and 3lbs heartfelt beads? My thought process is the hydra will saturate the beads whenever they need it, but I want enough beads as if they were the only hydration so the humidor will recover faster and stay stable. Also can I just use the Hydra to season it by itself or should I wipe it down and put water in a bowl like a normal seasoning?
So will it work to season it only with the Hydra? It is an actve humidification unit if you don't know.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #39
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I have a Montegue and use an Oasis with a couple of pounds of HCM beads throughout. I keep mine in my finished basement and find the RH is very stable in the summer, but as the winter temps roll in and the furnace runs more, I have to fill my Oasis every couple of weeks.

I would suggest doing a flashlight test once you have it set up. I found a 1/8 - 1/4 inch seam along the top of the unit which I sealed by jambing weather stripping into the crack. I also weather stripped around the door as light was passing through there as well. I used a weather stripping that compressed more for the doors as I needed to make sure the doors stayed shut.

I think a Hydra and a couple pounds of beads would do the trick. As for seasoning it with just the Hydra, I think you'd be better off leaving some sponges on plates in there as the SM Hydra may need a few fillings to season it properly.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #40
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

I did exactly the same and I am very happy about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I have a Montegue and use an Oasis with a couple of pounds of HCM beads throughout. I keep mine in my finished basement and find the RH is very stable in the summer, but as the winter temps roll in and the furnace runs more, I have to fill my Oasis every couple of weeks.

I would suggest doing a flashlight test once you have it set up. I found a 1/8 - 1/4 inch seam along the top of the unit which I sealed by jambing weather stripping into the crack. I also weather stripped around the door as light was passing through there as well. I used a weather stripping that compressed more for the doors as I needed to make sure the doors stayed shut.

I think a Hydra and a couple pounds of beads would do the trick. As for seasoning it with just the Hydra, I think you'd be better off leaving some sponges on plates in there as the SM Hydra may need a few fillings to season it properly.