Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough
Default Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Dom. Rep.
Filler: Dom. Rep.
Price: $8.00 - $10.00
Ring Gauge: 48
Lenght: 7"
Churchill/Figurado
Smoke Time: 1.5 -2 hrs.

First off, I like to smoke 1-2 cigars a week and I like to take my time and enjoy them. This is why I usually smoke a Churchill. I also like to drink coffee when I smoke. I am a creature of habit.

PRE-SMOKE:

The first thing that catches your eye when you examine this cigar is the shape. It is as if a Churchill and Figurado had a bastard child. The nipple end makes for an easy light. The Camaroon wrapper is dark with a slight veins and general slight rough appearance. The wrapper has a slight earthy smell to it. It cuts easy and clean. The 48 ring gauge and 7" length is perfect for my hands and this is the type of cigar you don't want to put down when your smoking.

THE BURN:

It burns even and has a solid dark gray ash. It produces a light smoke when resting. Nothing special here. Just the facts ma'am.

FLAVOR:

1/3 - This cigar has a easy draw and the initial favor is earthy. There is a slight bitter taste, like a citrus peel. This progresses quickly into coffee flavor. I think this taste is why I like it so much with coffee. The smoke is creamy/velvety at this point. Over all medium with no harsh aftertaste.

2/3 - The cigar still maintains it's easy draw. At this point the coffee flavor starts to give way to a woody flavor with hits of cedar. The creamy/velvety smoke goes away and eventually the woody flavor becomes the dominate flavor. It starts to pick up a slight aftertaste that stay with you, but it's not overbearing.

3/3 - The cigar starts to go from woody flavor to a leather flavor with what I think is a very slight bitter chocolate taste that comes and goes. The cigar finishes with the leather flavor. The aftertaste remains, but is not overbearing. I usually stop smoking with 1.5" left.

MY OPINION:

For me this cigar is perfect around 30 minutes after a good meal. It shouldn't be rushed. I prefer it with a couple of cups of black coffee (I usually drink Illy coffee out of my Jura machine). I would recommend this cigar for anyone who wants a medium+, after dinner cigar. You will need at least 1.5 hrs to enjoy.

RATE: (out of 10)

0002S is offline   Reply With Quote