Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Drew Estates' Liga Privada Unico Serie UF-4 Review

I think that what people are trying to say is that this place is free to all users, not from ad revenue,
but from founding member's pockets. People have been promoting blogs here (me included) since there
were blogs. But in most cases, we do not try to drive traffic. We do not tease. The most I will usually
say here in a review, 'this is what I thought about it, end of review. I also blogged about it.'

The link is in my signature. I do not tell people to click it, I merely infer that something regarding the
smoke is in my blog. I know the intellectual level of the people here, and feel pretty confident that
if they care, they will connect the dots. Judging from my traffic, they DON'T, but it's all I can do, knowing
that the Asylum was built on common courtesy. It is my obligation as a free user to conduct myself
as a member of a community rather than one who is here to be noticed for something other than plain
old me. If someone gets the idea that someone else is cleverly cross-promoting, it's not out of the question that
they would report it. Or a moderator would just see it and smack it down. It is never an attempt to hurt
anyone's feelings. But the Asylum is unique. Its kept that way by people who enforce a few common sense
rules based on simple courtesy. I know one thing about this place. I never got moderated for
something I didn't realize was classless while I was doing it. Its all good. If people read something you
wrote here and like it and see that you offer other material elsewhere, they will read it without any
"and if you act now" kind of stuff. And if they DON'T, we don't allow you to MAKE'em, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #22
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Drew Estates' Liga Privada Unico Serie UF-4 Review

And remember, if you see something you do not think is fair, click the "report Post" button next to the
offending post. Some series of events will ensue and you get to stay out of it. The rules are not JUST
for you.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote