Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #21
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tatuaje Black Label Petite Lancero Review

Tried one yesterday and it was amazing!!
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

I blew through a fiver of the closed foot when they came out, bought a box of the regular release as soon as they hit and plan on letting them sit until I go back to shore duty in 5 years. It aint easy when I read reviews like this!
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

I believe I have only burned one of these courtesy of Shane (Blak Smyth) and I recall really enjoying it. I am not a huge fan of very peppery smokes but from what I remember this had just the right amount of pepper balance in it. A good smoke from what I remember for sure, but it is soon time to refresh my memory!

Thanks for the great review!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
tengel78

I picked up one of these yesterday and I'm letting it rest for awhile. Based on most of the reviews it looks like I'm in for a treat.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: art
Trading: (15)
Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

It's a lovely afternoon in SoCal. Went for a nice walk along Santa Monica beach and did some morning shopping. Had a nice lunch and now, time to settle in for an afternoon smoke on my hotel balcony.

Selected an OR Tatuaje Petit Lancero that was gifted to me by a great BOTL. Chocolately wrapper. Fairly veiny. Closed foot is interesting. I believe that this petit lancero is from the special release that Pete Johnson did for Tobacco Grove in Minneapolis as it has a closed foot. Should be interesting to light.

The smell of the wrapper reminds me of expresso beans. Deep, rich aroma. Fairly firm throughout the cigar. Pigtail looks a little rough.

The closed foot takes to flame easily. Loads of chocolate and a hint of sweetness. The aftertaste is fleeting. Doesn't last too long. A touch of black coffee and pepper emerge after a few puffs. The sweetness reminds me of a cinnabon?

Burn is a little uneven but seems to be correcting itself. The draw is firm with an acceptable amount of smoke. Would like more smoke though as I find it doesn't coat the palate fully.

The ash is a dirty white. Nice weight in the cigar as I type. As I work through the first third, all i can think of is a latte with a cinnabon. Its making want to go and get some. The burn has corrected itself nicely..

Drawing on this slowly as I don't want to overheat the cigar. The flavours remind me of a PL Montecarlo, based on the reviews I've read. Might have to secure a few to try and make a comparison.

The second third reveals more of the same. A slight change to more cocoa/ black coffee flavours and a hint of spice comes through. Strength has increased. The aftertaste still is fairly short.

No real change as I enter the final third. Fairly one dimensional. The flavours are acceptable however, just seems to be playing the same song over and over again.

Final third is done. All in all, a nice change of pace cigar however, not as good as others that I have had. Fairly one dimensional and straight forward. A good cigar but lacks complexity and nuance.
maverickdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote