Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tattoo design feedback

check these!

http://www.mytattoosucks.com/

sorry for the T-jack

Last edited by s15driftking; 03-20-2009 at 12:14 PM.
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #22
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
And this helps the OP how?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
JKim

My most recent from 2002 and my favorite...

There is a little bit of white shading in the left two eggs... You can see what I mean by fading or washing out over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belly.jpg (70.6 KB, 240 views)
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #24
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim View Post
My most recent from 2002 and my favorite...

There is a little bit of white shading in the left two eggs... You can see what I mean by fading or washing out over time.
I see what you mean. However, as long as it stays relatively uniform I'm ok. It's a free fill in for the first year anyways, so if it fades after the first go I can get it reshaded. I think some white will be better than skin color since it is a Yin Yang, it's suppose to be black and white =P

I have enough sticks, no need for a new humidor since I still have space in my cooler....no don't send any sticks.
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #25
JKim

One other bit... when it's healing stick to lotion, lubriderm or vaseline intesive care over the tattooed area. Neosporin and vaseline can strip out colors including white.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
ucubed
Corona Cigars

ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim View Post
One other bit... when it's healing stick to lotion, lubriderm or vaseline intesive care over the tattooed area. Neosporin and vaseline can strip out colors including white.
Yup, that's what I hear and those are the directions listed on the tattoo shop's website and that's what I've researched. I already have every I needed. I figured I'd get this done too before I hit the beaches and what not since I can't be in the sun or have it soaked for 7-12 days supposedly =P
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
LooseCard
not wrapped too tight....

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
RyJ
LooseCard will become famous soon enough

Take a Test Drive

Ever sisce I discovered this, I have contemplated my variations.

Yes, I'm still tat' free.... someday.

I know that I plan to 'test drive' whatever I chose, before I get it perm'd.
LooseCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
houdini
Life is Beautiful........

Trading: (21)
Trinidad
houdini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
deff. a cool meaning and idea/message... but just think for a minute about how publicized and whored-out that design is. remember, tattoos last logner than most marriages.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #29
BC-Axeman

My daughters got tats so they could be different, like everybody else. Now one has a tramp stamp and the other has a constant reminder of her ex blazoned across her shoulders.
I think if you like the "COEXIST" design you should see if you can incorporate it into a background design artistically, instead of just a sign looking thing.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #30
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
To those who say don't get one, its been something I've been wanting for a long time and I still want and I know all consequences of one. The message isn't going to change...ever, so why not having something that lasts.
If you really want it, then go for it. I waited 5 years before I got my tattoo, I have it for 15 years now, never had a single regret.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
My daughters got tats so they could be different, like everybody else. Now one has a tramp stamp and the other has a constant reminder of her ex blazoned across her shoulders.
I think if you like the "COEXIST" design you should see if you can incorporate it into a background design artistically, instead of just a sign looking thing.
I'd rather have it as a word, since A LOT of people, sadly, scratch their head and wonder what it says. I think the message would be pointless or, less powerful if it were incorporated into something much larger, unless the larger piece had similarities, say Buddha on a crucifix, or that type of thing. Like I said, the message is clear, concise, and it isn't going to change. It's not like an ex girlfriend or a tramp stamp, or some random Chinese phrases you know?

And I will get it Ferdinand, it'll be a waste of $100 dollars since it's expiring in May. This time it actually forces me to go out and get it done. I appreciate all those comments about don't get it, or stuff like that, however it's already set that I'm going to get one. What I'm looking for like the title entails is some feedback of the actual design, and not "I wouldn't get it", or get something else sort of thing. Sorry if I'm coming off prude or anything of the sort, but I think we are going off topic of the actual thread. Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #32
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCard View Post
Take a Test Drive

Ever sisce I discovered this, I have contemplated my variations.

Yes, I'm still tat' free.... someday.

I know that I plan to 'test drive' whatever I chose, before I get it perm'd.
Nice...I might have to try that to piss my wife off just for a second!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It's not like an ex girlfriend or a tramp stamp, or some random Chinese phrases you know?
I do like the message and although I don't do tats all the power to you if you want to. Always wanted to take my friend around that speaks Chinese to have him jokingly tell people with the randon chinese phrases that what it realls says is ... "I like birds" etc. thought it would be a great joke. That being said at least the message is clear and means something to you.

Good luck and remeber the only thing constant is change.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #34
GoodFella
out to sea

Trading: (7)
ERdM AirForce (Active)
GoodFella has disabled reputation

i vote no kev. 3 of my friends have got large tats on there back as there first. they all dont like them and wish they could do somthing about it, but its so big it hard. it seems a little to commercial for me. not somthing thats means a lot to u.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #35
ucubed
Corona Cigars

jledou, though I can't read chinese, I do make fun of people with Chinese symbols tattooed on them, and I do tell them the "true" meaning of it, which is quite funny to see them get pissed off, you can't argue Chinese characters with a man who speaks Chinese right.

Rob: Unless I become racist or if I'm strictly set on a particular religion, which are highly unlikely outcomes, then I have no real reason to regret it later on. Times change, Religions might grow bigger or smaller, some might appear or disappear, but it will still say something of either the time I live, or the history that has passed. The tattoo is probably only 1 of a few more that I have planned, but all very similar in meaning/ similar in messages being sent. Though it may be commercial and a little to cheesy/corny for some, but it's no less than getting a crucifix, a koi fish, a dragon, flowers, tribals and etc. which are all seen on thousands upon thousands of people (no way am I "dissing" anyone of the sort, just examples of common tattoos).

Last edited by ucubed; 03-20-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #36
BC-Axeman

I like the message. I just like art. I think a set of block symbols would look like a sign or a T-shirt. You shouldn't worry about other people "getting it". Your body, your choice.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #37
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I like the message. I just like art. I think a set of block symbols would look like a sign or a T-shirt. You shouldn't worry about other people "getting it". Your body, your choice.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #38
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
A bit confused with the block part of your criticism. I take it that would be a bad thing?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #39
BC-Axeman

Quote:
A bit confused with the block part of your criticism. I take it that would be a bad thing?
"Bad" is objective. Plain block symbols can carry an artistic sense in their own way. Just speaking my opinion. It's worth it's weight in electrons.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #40
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
"Bad" is objective. Plain block symbols can carry an artistic sense in their own way. Just speaking my opinion. It's worth it's weight in electrons.
Well that's what I was getting at, something more objective =P