Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #81
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tom Brady

Darren, you contend it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot. OK. Does it not logically follow that it is equally unfair to coddle Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot?
Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #82
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Darren, you contend it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot. OK. Does it not logically follow that it is equally unfair to coddle Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot?
Bingo.
He is handsome, rich, talented, has won Super Bowls, has a Super Model wife so you love him.
He is handsome, rich, talented, has won Super Bowls, has a Super Model wife so you hate him.

Chit happens.

Someone commented on Bradshaw earlier. Seriously, who can hate him.? Guy is a nut job and a pisser. He lacks handsome and Super Model wife and therefore is only rich, talented and has won Super Bowls so therefore must be loved.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #83
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
When I joined the Asylum, I was told there would be no math.
Then what's all this talk about Asylum math, then?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #84
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Small people HATE to see others achieve because it diminishes them by comparison. It's Communist; you know, a hive mentality. No one must stand out. No one should be allowed any more honors than his brother. Everything belongs to the collective, body and soul, like insects. So what happens? Brady will be destroyed by the collective for his greatness and nothing more. They're like the football equivalent of Antonio Salieri. History has demonstrated many times before that collective mediocrity will always try to destroy individual greatness; not unlike the James Caan character in "Rollerball". And again I ask: what about the under-inflated game balls of Indianapolis that day?
Ho-lee crap. If you listen close enough, one can almost hear the construction of Brady's cross. You'll have to concentrate though, as Darren's indignation almost drowns it out. Almost.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #85
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

4 Games? I must of missed where he punched the footballs in an elevator or beat it with a stick.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #86
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

4 Games for Brady
loss of 2016 first round pick
loss of 2017 fourth round pic
and $1,000,000 fine

(all of this before any appeals)
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #87
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeeah, we're not very "bumpkin-ish" up here but it sounds to me like it's just personal animosity.
My entire family is from New England, straight from Europe, so don't know about that 'we" part.

(I just wanted an excuse to use that)
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #88
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b
Old 05-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #89
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Quote:
Well done sir.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #90
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am hoping appeal reduces it to 3 games, $950,000 and expulsion of the Patriots from the NFL.

Lighten up, Fanboys, I keed, I keed.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:07 PM   #91
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am hoping appeal reduces it to 3 games, $950,000 and expulsion of the Patriots from the NFL.

Lighten up, Fanboys, I keed, I keed.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #92
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
That would defy logic; I stated no such thing. I stated that it was unjust to convict ANYONE based on ambiguities.

This is what I wrote:

"Ya know, I don't really watch football much but injustice bothers me, a lot. I would hate to be subject to punishment of any kind based on something as flimsy as "probably" or "generally". We're taking about possibly many thousands of dollars in fines. If you're going to reach into someone's pocket, it is monstrously unjust to do it without actual proof, otherwise it's just robbery."

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-11-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #93
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
My entire family is from New England, straight from Europe, so don't know about that 'we" part.
I should have stipulated Boston.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #94
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ho-lee crap. If you listen close enough, one can almost hear the construction of Brady's cross. You'll have to concentrate though, as Darren's indignation almost drowns it out. Almost.
It is not I who is in the crucifixion business; you seem to have that well covered already.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #95
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Seems some of the "discussion" is getting a bit personal.

I don't like closing threads. But I will if it doesn't remain civil.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #96
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

As we are being civil here, Darren, I will assume you edited your quoted post by mere happenstance.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:58 PM   #97
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
As we are being civil here, Darren, I will assume you edited your quoted post by mere happenstance.
I don't know what you mean by "edited". Are you talking about the comma? Please demonstrate where I wrote that:
"...it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot."
Old 05-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #98
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 AM   #99
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Ray Rice?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 AM   #100
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

I tried to be nice and let it slide, but if you really insist on

Quote:
We can't have anyone that much better than anyone else, can we?

Small people HATE to see others achieve because it diminishes them by comparison. It's Communist; you know, a hive mentality. No one must stand out. No one should be allowed any more honors than his brother. Everything belongs to the collective, body and soul, like insects. So what happens? Brady will be destroyed by the collective for his greatness and nothing more. They're like the football equivalent of Antonio Salieri. History has demonstrated many times before that collective mediocrity will always try to destroy individual greatness; not unlike the James Caan character in "Rollerball". And again I ask: what about the under-inflated game balls of Indianapolis that day?
Quote:
Ya know, I don't really watch football, much but injustice bothers me, a lot. I would hate to be subject to punishment of any kind based on something as flimsy as "probably" or "generally". We're taking about possibly many thousands of dollars in fines. If you're going to reach into someone's pocket, it is monstrously unjust to do it without actual proof, otherwise it's just robbery. And to hide behind quasi-legal ambiguity is beyond cowardly. The Pats were found guilty because the 31 other owners wanted it that way, period. If you can't beat them on the field, then beat them in the Boardroom.

This anger is just an adjunct to all kinds of other, non-related anger.