Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #62
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '13-'14 Season Thread

Lapierre/ Laflopierre has an in person meeting for boarding Boyle. He Boarded Shaw 7 days ago also. Hope the league hands down 10. Really didnt like Burns board later in the game. He was lucky not to cause injury. Sharks rolling though. They have realky changed their style and its working well for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
I hate to say this but Matt Cooke has been a great pick up so far. 3 goals, 1 assist and solid PK shifts.
Uuuuuugh. He is such a piece of $ hit. He should have been banned. He has caused the rule book to be re written. He has ended a carrer and wrecked numerous knees etc. Much like Torres. I am one of the only people sround who still hates Torres now that hes a Shark. I will never cheer anything those 2 scum bags do. They have injured so many people.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #63
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
Trading: (0)
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

local blogger has started a pool ... "in what month will the oilers win their second game???" .

sigh
derrek
Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Lapierre/ Laflopierre has an in person meeting for boarding Boyle. He Boarded Shaw 7 days ago also. Hope the league hands down 10. Really didnt like Burns board later in the game. He was lucky not to cause injury. Sharks rolling though. They have realky changed their style and its working well for now.

Uuuuuugh. He is such a piece of $ hit. He should have been banned. He has caused the rule book to be re written. He has ended a carrer and wrecked numerous knees etc. Much like Torres. I am one of the only people sround who still hates Torres now that hes a Shark. I will never cheer anything those 2 scum bags do. They have injured so many people.
I totally agree with you and the only reason I give Cooke any credit is because he's just about the only guy that Shanahan has actually reached and succeeded in changing. The man doesn't have a single minute of penalty time and he's up to 6 points and has drawn 4 penalties.

I still hate him for previous things he's done, but at the same time he's been a hell of a help and it's hard not to give him credit for actually changing.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #65
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
local blogger has started a pool ... "in what month will the oilers win their second game???" .

sigh
derrek
Not the start I was hoping for for them, Derrek. So much individual talent at forward, so much offensiver talent for a couple of their D-men, but not much good in their own zone right now.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #66
mk05
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
mk05 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Not the start I was hoping for for them, Derrek. So much individual talent at forward, so much offensiver talent for a couple of their D-men, but not much good in their own zone right now.
Need a new goalie and maybe back check
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #67
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

What do you think about this play?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...iklas-kronwall

I'm a die hard Wings fan and I don't think it merits a suspension. To me it did not appear McLeod intended to go for the head or intend to injure. Kronwall put himself in a vulnerable position, something he admitted himself. I hope he's OK and recovers quickly, we need him.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Its a tough call. I agree Kronwall not only turned into McLeod, but he also dropped down so his head was closer to the dasher. Unlike laflopiere he doesnt extend his arms, but the first angle looks like he moves his elbow to catch his head. I think hes screwed though. The league will say he saw the numbers and should have let up because the play started at center ice, he knew he wasnt going to beat him to the puck and could have just pinched on the boards right behind him to I prevent the reverse, but its a bang bang play. The fact is he hit him from behind, he made no effort to play the puck, and from the moment Kronwall starts to stop its clear McLeods intent is to check Kronwall. He sets his body up to make the hit. If kronwall doesnt turn into him and just rims to puck around its likely a harmless hit from behind.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #69
ChicagoWhiteSox

Weird seeing Dave Bolland in Maple Leaf garb. Shoulda been a shutout game, Oduya missed an easy play.. Kostka made a nice goal though, new blood looking good.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #70
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Avs win again....shutting the Pens out. Did I hear right, the Pens scored every game last year?

Surreal season so far....
Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #71
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

First touch of the Cup since Handzus brought it over to the glass in Boston on 6/24. This was last Tuesday.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Nice, Tom!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #73
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Nice shirt Tom
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #74
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Nice shirt Tom
A couple Bruins fans I ran into last week didn't think so, John!

Thanks, E.J.!

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #75
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Wow Scott is a piece of sh!t...

late shot to the head by scott
Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #76
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
A couple Bruins fans I ran into last week didn't think so, John!

Thanks, E.J.!
I didn't notice, all I could see was a cop stuffing donuts in his mouth .. i believe it might have even been two at a time.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #77
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Wow Scott is a piece of sh!t...

late shot to the head by scott
Link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdJK-I8N2co

Cheap shot.

Quote:
I didn't notice, all I could see was a cop stuffing donuts in his mouth .. i believe it might have even been two at a time.
Yeah, that's why I am so out of shape.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #78
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdJK-I8N2co

Cheap shot.

Six seasons, 187 games, one goal, four assists and 319 penalty minutes. There would be no big loss if he was out of hockey for good.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #79
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Six seasons, 187 games, one goal, four assists and 319 penalty minutes. There would be no big loss if he was out of hockey for good.
Great guy off the ice, fights like a beast, but I have to agree. No loss at all.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #80
AdamJoshua

Love hockey fights, love what Orr said the other day that fighting is good for hockey because it keeps players from doing stupid things. McSorley made a career out of watching out for Gretzky and fighting and he too ended up doing something stupid that cost him, fighting is one thing, charging a guy and blind siding his head with a shoulder is nothing more than trying to injure a guy and take a way his livelyhood, to me that negates what a great guy he is off the ice, in a way makes it more personal and less business.
Closed Thread