Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #41
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Should Be A Great Game, Brother, BAMA/ LSU!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #42
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

LSU doesn't need a star quarterback, they just need one who can manage the game and not lose it. Look at the QBs they had when the won the national championships, neither on of them were star quality QBs in the big game.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Wow, I need to check the sports sites, I had no idea ole miss lost. oops.

Michael, HOW COULD YOU DOUBT THE TIGERS?? What? I am shocked! I know we are from different planets and all,
but surely you didn't side with the know-nothing MEDIA-hypers on this one? In any event, I'm glad they surprised
you, or I'd be in an awfully foul mood right now. During all the news cycle hype, I never once doubted that the Tigers
would win it going away. Even when I was looking like a man on an island on the issue.

Greg, I think you HAVE to be right, I have always liked Richt, but I am shocked at how a once-dominant team, WITH blue
chip players in spades, has under-performed so badly over the last 3-4 years. Granted, there was FLA, LSU, BAMA and a
few others sucking up all the oxygen, but I have been shaking my head for a long time on that one.
I was quite confident that LSU would beat the Ducks, not so much about the Bulldogs and Boise but it being the first week and all you never know.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #44
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
That picture makes me hungry for some gator nuggets.
MMMM.....Gator nuggets for Paul.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #45
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Kent St had some studs on that team. Sorry they couldn't compete better. They should do well in the MAC season.
The Tide looked crispy, not to belabour the TV commentator's point, but it looks like we have a QB in Tusk-aloosa.
LSU looks stiff tonight. Not to much give in the line. Oregon might be good, and this game is not over, but LSU looks
scary tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
LSU Is Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Game Over.
Yessir. Game. Set. Match.

Thanks for playin'.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #46
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Taking nothing away from bama, rizzle, Bama was a better team than both of those teams and bama fans knew it
going in.
Eh, we knew it against VaTech. We weren't real sure before the Clemson game. Ended up being that was the game that the Saban era at Bama really started. That was the game that made me say, welcome back boys, where the hell you been for the last 10 years?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #47
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
First game of the Muschamp era looked good! If Rainey and Demps stay healthy I think we'll have enough talent around Brantley, who played well, to run a good offense.

I was anticipating either LSU and Georgia losing but Ole Miss let me down. Losing to BYU at home? Come on Rebels. Richie, I'm leaving the door open for you to make a Houston Nutt joke
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Last edited by rizzle; 09-06-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #48
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

haha, that's a new classic!

I agree about the LSU QBs...Look at Matt Flynn (07champs). Good game manager, extremely smart.
Matt Mauck for the 03 team, too. Both were drafted to the NFL, neither of them to be a starter. Just brains with some
skills, which is what you need in a backup...low price, max payoff. Local sports station voice today said LSU
has a "Bama QB" Nothing great in the skills department, just a smart, cerebral athlete who doesn't lose games for you."
Strange way of putting it, but well said. LSU doesn't need Peyton Manning. They need someone smart and capable.
Which is why I am thrilled that Jordan Jefferson is out, hopefully for good. Dumb-a55.

Now for the controversy. There is no way Bama beats LSU in 2011.

OK, bring it, haha.
It's stupid to say so NOW, so far from the game, so I will re-assess at game week. But I think we have the edge this year.
Of course we have to pull it off in T-town, so we'll have to see.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #49
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Quote:

OK, bring it, haha.
It's stupid to say so NOW, so far from the game, so I will re-assess at game week. But I think we have the edge this year.
Didn't get to see the Bama game but I'll need to see a few more games from both team before I throw my . But I can guarantee I'll have the popcorn ready
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #50
Powers

Bolivar

Welcome to the SEC Texas A&M
Old 09-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #51
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:

OK, bring it, haha.
If all stands as is now, that's the defacto SEC championship game. I can't wait for that one...a lot of ball between now and then, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Welcome to the SEC Texas A&M
Better put on your big girl panties, Ags.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #52
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
haha, that's a new classic!

I agree about the LSU QBs...Look at Matt Flynn (07champs). Good game manager, extremely smart.
Matt Mauck for the 03 team, too. Both were drafted to the NFL, neither of them to be a starter. Just brains with some
skills, which is what you need in a backup...low price, max payoff. Local sports station voice today said LSU
has a "Bama QB" Nothing great in the skills department, just a smart, cerebral athlete who doesn't lose games for you."
Strange way of putting it, but well said. LSU doesn't need Peyton Manning. They need someone smart and capable.
Which is why I am thrilled that Jordan Jefferson is out, hopefully for good. Dumb-a55.

OK, bring it, haha.
And "That" Is The Kicker, Brother, "In T-Town"! We Also Have A Little Revenge Factor From Last Year's Game!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #53
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Any ESPN INsider members here? I would like to ready this article, but you have to be a member to read it. They drive me nuts with this 'pay to read' bullshit. As if they do not get enough revenue from the endless commercials on all 4 of their networks.

ARTICLE
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #54
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

If you want to watch a "flag-fest", turn on the Miss. St. - Auburn game! I'm not sure the refs aren't getting paid on a "per-flag" basis!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #55
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Yeah penalty fest today, but turned out to be a nail biter at the end (if your a AU fan). And to think I turned down tickets to the game cause I had just gotten home from Opelika (right next to AU)

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #56
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Yep, Auburn dodged a bullet yesterday. It was a great game to watch as I had no dog in the fight. I loved seeing SOS and the Cocks break the Dawg's heart!!! I can't wait to see how the Gators look once SEC play starts this next Saturday!!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #57
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

I'm a Terps fan but I work with an ex-Alabama player (Theo Sanders TE) so I have to wish them luck
Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #58
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I loved seeing SOS and the Cocks break the Dawg's heart!!!
That was a tight game with Georgia. Honestly, I think Georgia they played above their ability yesterday. They wanted that win SO badly. Oh well, I will take a 'W' in the columns for my mighty mighty Gamecocks.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #59
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I'm a Terps fan but I work with an ex-Alabama player (Theo Sanders TE) so I have to wish them luck
Tell Theo thanks for sticking it out during some pretty ugly times.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #60
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Yeah penalty fest today, but turned out to be a nail biter at the end (if your a AU fan). And to think I turned down tickets to the game cause I had just gotten home from Opelika (right next to AU)
Boy, you got that one right, Scott! I thought the refs were getting paid by the number of flags they threw, for a while!! 2nd half wasn't as bad, but still, game took way too long because of flags! And, i don't think I've seen a game with that many flags waived off! And, I personally thought many of the flags were questionable, on both teams! Gotta love those SEC refs!!