Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #61
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2010 Banter

News today...All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes has been told to rest and refrain from athletic activity for two to eight weeks until his thyroid levels normalize, another blow to the New York Mets before Opening Day.

Season hasn't even started and we are without two big guns...Beltran & Reyes. I believe Matthews can hold the fort down in CF, now the SS position...that is an entirely different can of beans.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #62
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
News today...All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes has been told to rest and refrain from athletic activity for two to eight weeks until his thyroid levels normalize, another blow to the New York Mets before Opening Day.

Season hasn't even started and we are without two big guns...Beltran & Reyes. I believe Matthews can hold the fort down in CF, now the SS position...that is an entirely different can of beans.
I hear Nomar is looking.....
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #63
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
I hear Nomar is looking.....
Nah...we don't need the "batting glove dance" from another aging veteran. Anderson Hernandez can hold it down (glovewise anyways, not sure about the stick) until Reyes is healthy.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #64
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nah...we don't need the "batting glove dance" from another aging veteran. Anderson Hernandez can hold it down (glovewise anyways, not sure about the stick) until Reyes is healthy.
"Gulp, gulp, gulp..."...What's that sound? Oh it's just Mac.... drinkin' the Kool-aid ....
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #65
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
No other Mets fans out there????
Serve me another round of koolaid, barkeep!

I'm an Indians and a Cubs fan, I may as well be a Mets fan too!

Actually I became a Mets fan as a kid. They were strong in the mid-80s when I was in Little League, my cousin and I traded/hoarded Mets baseball cards, one of their colors is orange (a big deal when you're from Tennessee) and they weren't the Yankees! What's not to like?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #66
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Serve me another round of koolaid, barkeep!

I'm an Indians and a Cubs fan, I may as well be a Mets fan too!
What flavor you want Jonathan? Where ya been hiding brother?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #67
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What flavor you want Jonathan? Where ya been hiding brother?
Um, a glass of orange please! (And go ahead and leave the bottle of whisky while you're at it.)

I've been super busy at work the last few weeks and unable to post much. We're testing some newly updated software and trying to hammer out all the bugs before sending it live to customer sites. I gotta say, breaking stuff with a keyboard is almost as much fun as breaking stuff with a hammer!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #68
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good to see ya back brother!!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #69
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

Good to be back. Definitely.

I just upgraded my cable package and I'm getting MLB Network! I'll catch my first Spring Training game tonight (Atlanta @ NYY).

BTW, anyone interested in fantasy baseball check out this thread: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28781
Old 03-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #70
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:

Seems like they're lining up their excuses early this year!

Seriously though, good luck to Reyes' and his recovery. I know a few people with thyroid issues and it can be very tough to deal with.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #71
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Maybe there is some bad chemical in the blue & orange that is causing this.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #72
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Maybe there is some bad chemical in the blue & orange that is causing this.
I'm still sticking with my blue and orange Ryan...contaminated or not!!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #73
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Santana looked good today...Maine did not.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #74
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Cardinals today...6-5. KRod got his first save of the spring & Fernando Martinez is still on fire...took him three years but they, the kid is still only 22 years old. Huge upside for this kid.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #75
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
KRod got his first save of the spring
And last for the season.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #76
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sidney Ponson Signs With Long Island Ducks
Just throwing it out there Mac.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #77
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
And last for the season.
Quote:
Just throwing it out there Mac.
Thomas and Ryan doing their part to keep this VERY INTERESTING thread alive....Thanks guys.....

Sorry Mac.......
Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #78
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

I can't believe there are no other Mets fans here. Thanks to Keith, Ryan, and Thomas for the laughs.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #79
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I watched a little of the MLB Channel discussion on the Mets and they were doing a good job of sugar coating the injuries they are starting the year off with. Alex Cora the starting SS over Reyes is a huge down grade.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #80
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
I watched a little of the MLB Channel discussion on the Mets and they were doing a good job of sugar coating the injuries they are starting the year off with. Alex Cora the starting SS over Reyes is a huge down grade.
HUGE!!!! Matthews looks good though...he should fill in for Beltran just fine. But missing Reyes is gonna hurt.