Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #2041
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Plantar fasciitis takes a long time to recover from. I battled a severe case for 3 years that I picked up walking on concrete floors of a factory all day long. I did physical therapy with stretching exercises, ultrasound, you name it. The most effective relief was a cortisone shot. I recommend seeing a GOOD doctor to do it. The first shots I had done was just some podiatrist down the road and it didn't even last 2 days. I bad a 2nd round from one of the doctors used by the colts and it worked for awhile. Pain was excruciating for the shots, but mine was so bad I was walking on the outside edges of my foot rather than my soles.

Stretching-sit on a chair and roll a tennis ball/baseball under your heel a couple of times a day for 10 minutes or so. You can do calf stretches that will also stretch the same area where you're getting pain. Fill some daisy cups with water and freeze and apply daily to reduce inflammation along with taking aleve. Avoid any activity other than walking as increased pressure will make it worse. LMK if you need any more advice.

This was a major ***** in my life and a big reason why it's necessary to diet today. I weighed 182 # and worked out a lot until I got plantar fasciitis. I laid around, felt sorry for myself, and turned to food to try to cope. I've just been on a roller coaster the past 5 years trying to take it back off.
Awesome info man. I really appreciate it. Gonna have my wife freeze up some cups tonight so when I get home from work in the am they'll be ready to go!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #2042
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

248.5 this morning. My workout knocked off another 2 lbs, but I keep my pre-workout number as my "official" stats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #2043
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good, Jeff!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #2044
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Nice job Jeff.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2045
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Lets get a running total of weight lost by all that have been posting here. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100, any weight lost is a good thing. I'm just curious since it seems like a lot of us are trying to drop weight. Just post your loss and update the total. I'll get it started.

78lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 78lbs
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #2046
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Another documentary on Netflix I would recommend: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
Awesome doc on the benefits of a juicer. Narrator lost 82 pounds in two months from an all juice diet. Another guy lost 200lbs (around that) in a year by juicing.
Just a 10 day juice detox they say will work wonders for your health. Sounds pretty cool, but don't think I could hold out for that long.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #2047
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Lets get a running total of weight lost by all that have been posting here. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100, any weight lost is a good thing. I'm just curious since it seems like a lot of us are trying to drop weight. Just post your loss and update the total. I'll get it started.

78lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 78lbs
Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs

Total CA Weight Lost: 116lbs

Did I do that right, Bob?

Insert quote here.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #2048
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Andy
Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #2049
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Just read this interesting online article on Harvard's website.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...ory/index.html

I was doing a search on the correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol, which turns out to be not much for most people.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #2050
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 142lbs
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #2051
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
hotreds - 32lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 174lbs

Good for us!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #2052
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Awesome job guys. Amazing to see the numbers.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #2053
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
hotreds - 32lbs
shilala - 56lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 230lbs
Old 07-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #2054
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

That's one whole overweight person so far we've lost. everyone. Keep it going.

Sculpt day of Power 90, so lots of weight exercises. Finished that and did extra sets of chest presses/flys, and a extra set of squats. Then went and ran 1.3 miles. This exercise stuff is getting addictive.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #2055
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Another documentary on Netflix I would recommend: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
Awesome doc on the benefits of a juicer. Narrator lost 82 pounds in two months from an all juice diet. Another guy lost 200lbs (around that) in a year by juicing.
Just a 10 day juice detox they say will work wonders for your health. Sounds pretty cool, but don't think I could hold out for that long.
This documentary inspired me to go out and buy a juicer. Got a cheap $30 Black and Decker from Wal-Mart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
That's one whole overweight person so far we've lost. everyone. Keep it going.

Sculpt day of Power 90, so lots of weight exercises. Finished that and did extra sets of chest presses/flys, and a extra set of squats. Then went and ran 1.3 miles. This exercise stuff is getting addictive.
As long as you stick to it every day and have fun, then it will stay addictive. Keep it up, Bob!

Insert quote here.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #2056
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

i hate exercise, my name is myles
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #2057
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
i hate exercise, my name is myles
LOL!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #2058
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

guado-30lbs
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #2059
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado View Post
guado - 30lbs
Chainsaw13 - 78lbs
starscream - 38lbs
Kreth - 26lbs
hotreds - 32lbs
shilala - 56lbs
Total CA Weight Lost: 260lbs
Fixed it for ya.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 AM   #2060
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

add -20 for me so far, but god damnit it should be -100000 grrr -
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote