Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2009 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Eric Allen reporting on ESPN moments ago was asked about the BEST & Worst picks in the first round.

The Buccaneers were acknowledged as having the WORST pick, according to Allen. I agree.
I think the Raiders had the worst first round pick and also the worst draft. Although none of these mean a thing until 3 years from now when you see how everyone produced.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #42
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I think the Raiders had the worst first round pick and also the worst draft. Although none of these mean a thing until 3 years from now when you see how everyone produced.
and the worst 2nd rnd pick. They picked a kid that didnt even get invited to the combine and was projected as an Undrafted free agent!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #43
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
and the worst 2nd rnd pick. They picked a kid that didnt even get invited to the combine and was projected as an Undrafted free agent!!!
If the Raiders hadn't taken him, the Bears were going to. At least that is how the story goes.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #44
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

What about the Lions?

Stafford vs others can be argued, but an effin TE with the 20th overall pick? Name a TE taken in the first round other than maybe Gonzales or Winslow. Why wouldn't they take an OT or DE at this point? Both positions are huge holes in this team.

Then even after that mistake with their 3rd pick (first of the second round) they take a Safety from Western Michigan. No offense but they have 5 or more safeys on the roster, need a MLB, and both Mauluga and Lurinaitis (spelling) were both available. WTF???

Here's the details of how they squandered their picks:
Rd** Pk*(Ov)** Player Pos** School**
1* 1*(1)* Matthew Stafford* QB* Georgia*
1* 20*(20)* Brandon Pettigrew* TE* Oklahoma St.*
2* 1*(33)* Louis Delmas* S* W. Michigan*
3* 12*(76)* DeAndre Levy* LB* Wisconsin*
3* 18*(82)* Derrick Williams* WR* Penn St.*
4* 15*(115)* Sammie Lee Hill* DL* Stillman*
6* 19*(192)* Aaron Brown* RB* TCU*
7* 19*(228)* Lydon Murtha* OL* Nebraska*
7* 26*(235)* Zack Follett* LB* California*
7* 46*(255)* Dan Gronkowski* TE* Maryland*
Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
What about the Lions?

Stafford vs others can be argued, but an effin TE with the 20th overall pick? Name a TE taken in the first round other than maybe Gonzales or Winslow. Why wouldn't they take an OT or DE at this point? Both positions are huge holes in this team.

Then even after that mistake with their 3rd pick (first of the second round) they take a Safety from Western Michigan. No offense but they have 5 or more safeys on the roster, need a MLB, and both Mauluga and Lurinaitis (spelling) were both available. WTF???

Here's the details of how they squandered their picks:
Rd** Pk*(Ov)** Player Pos** School**
1* 1*(1)* Matthew Stafford* QB* Georgia*
1* 20*(20)* Brandon Pettigrew* TE* Oklahoma St.*
2* 1*(33)* Louis Delmas* S* W. Michigan*
3* 12*(76)* DeAndre Levy* LB* Wisconsin*
3* 18*(82)* Derrick Williams* WR* Penn St.*
4* 15*(115)* Sammie Lee Hill* DL* Stillman*
6* 19*(192)* Aaron Brown* RB* TCU*
7* 19*(228)* Lydon Murtha* OL* Nebraska*
7* 26*(235)* Zack Follett* LB* California*
7* 46*(255)* Dan Gronkowski* TE* Maryland*
You hit the nail right on the head with this statement. I could not agree more. As far as Pettigrew he was the 20th or better rated player overall in the draft. I don't like the pick at all but they got good value there.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #46
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't see anybody say anything about this but it really bothered me to see so many players get drafted and continue to talk on their cell phone. One player was walking up to the podium still on his phone. Have some respect! You now have a job, make millions and you don't have the decency to hang up the phone to go on stage with the NFL commissioner! Immaturity showed up big time with these college players and teams are handing them millions. It is insane.