Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #101
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

I know I already have said this, but now that I'm done reviewing all ten sticks (twenty five if you count all the blind reviews that I've done lately), I would like to officially thank lou2row and EEE for letting me participate in these blind reviews. MCS too for the five blind reviews that I did for him as well. True brothers of the leaf! It has been an honor, a privilege, and a chance to refine my palate. Twenty five blind reviews since July has really helped me to discern flavors in cigars. I thank you for the opportunity, but I'm also glad to be done with blind reviews for a while. I see there are a lot of blind reviews on the board right now, but I am officially passing the torch to someone else for a while. To the members here who have followed these three threads, give lou2row, EEE, and MCS some rg (rep bump).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #102
EEE

I'm so sorry that mine was like a sponge in the Miami air. Sounds like it was a delicious cigar.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #103
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
I'm so sorry that mine was like a sponge in the Miami air. Sounds like it was a delicious cigar.
Definitely. I love full bodied, peppery cigars. This one hit the spot. A good cigar for my tenth wedding anniversary.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #104
lou2row

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Cigar #10 (Final Review)

Construction: 6x56-58(ish), light/medium brown wrapper

Pre-Light: Tobacco taste, smells like a tobacco barn

1st Third: Very peppery with a slight bit of sweetness in the background. Pepper and sweetness start to blend into a spicy-sweet cinnamon flavor.

2nd Third: Cinnamon is gone. Pepper returns to the forefront. Just pepper. Cinnamon flavor returns near the middle of the second third. Pepper and spice. The pepper is strong. Smoking this cigar is almost like tongue bite from a pipe.

Final Third: Pepper, pepper, and more pepper. I nubbed it!

Final Thoughts: I enjoyed this cigar immensely. Full-bodied, spicy, and peppery. I'd love to get my hands on more of these.

I would guess that this stick was a DPG of some sort.
Once again, good eye Andy! This is a cigar I was worried you would be able to name without even smoking. But since you weren't posting sizes, I thought it might slide through. This series is all well made, great for the price sticks. Only have a couple let me down. This is one of my favorites (and I've had them all).

The final cigar, #10 is:

legend series yellow label (DPG)

Thanks guys for letting me be a part of this. You guys put alot of time into this and it showed in your reviews. The eight non Gurkhas are all ones I keep around and in my rotation. I hope you and some of the followers found something worth trying again.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #105
lou2row

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Definitely. I love full bodied, peppery cigars. This one hit the spot. A good cigar for my tenth wedding anniversary.
Congrats my friend!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #106
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
Congrats my friend!
First Legends series that I have ever smoked. I loved it. I'll have to get more. And thanks for the congrats on my anni.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #107
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
I hope you and some of the followers found something worth trying again.
Most definitely!

Insert quote here.