Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cain Maduro nub 460

Sam Leccia, creator of both the Cain and the Nub decided to create a marriage between both his successful cigar lines and created the Cain Nub. I smoked the Cain Nub Maduro 460, a 4x60 cigar with a San Andreas maduro wrapper and 'straight ligero' filler which is build up with 25% Esteli ligero, 27% Condega ligero and 30% Jalapa ligero. The price of this cigar is € 7.00 in The Netherlands.

The wrapper is beautiful, oily, greasy and dark with a few veins, but those veins look good on this cigar. The construction feels good. The predraw is great and tastes a bit like mud or dirt, but not in a bad way.

I can taste a sweet earthy flavor, quite full and only after an inch those flavors change a bit. I get some pepper with the sweet earthy flavor and some spices in the back of my throat. The wrapper tears at the mouth piece which I had to glue with some pectin.

The earth becomes a bit muddy, not bad though with the pepper and sweetness on the background. At two thirds I taste more spices and some freshness.

Even though this is only a 4 inch cigar, it lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes. I got a lot of thick smoke. The draw is good, but I had to correct the burn a few times. I find it hard to light a cigar this fat, and I found out by smoking a couple of these that the flavors are much better when you smoke it as slow as possible. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, not that this is a bad cigar, but I just don't like cigars this fat and build with strength as their main goal instead of flavor.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cain Maduro nub 460

Thanks for the review! I'm a huge fan of the Nub cigars, and I love the Cain cigars as well. When I tried the Cain Nub Habano though, I wasn't a huge fan of it. I've only smoked that one so I am going to try a couple more and then the Maduro before I stop smoking the Cain Nubs, but I agree with you about the Cain Nubs from what I've smoked.

Now the Cain Nub F...I'm looking forward to trying that
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote