Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #101
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearms II

Nice JOSH! I just cant get over the look of DDs new stock. It's
Old 03-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #102
azar
It is what it is!

First Name: Mack
Trading: (18)
azar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnauburn View Post
As you can see by my post count I'm more of a reader , but I'd figured I'd contribute..Reorganizing the safe so I set aside the .223/5.56's to show you guys. From Left to Right:

DDMK18
IWI Tavor w/aimpoint PRO and vortex magnifier
SWMP15 Magpul Edition with 4X32 Acog, and Leupold Deltapoint on the offset, can is a M42000

Up top is a colt lower with a 10.3" LH upper, and a DD RIS II rail (yes I know I'm retarded, but shooting a RH rifle suppressed sucks as a LH'er )

Josh that's a pile of toys there nice
Mack
Old 03-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #103
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

I made the "mistake" of looking closely at a Ruger SR 1911 lightweight Commander yesterday. Nicely put together, with some features I'd often end up paying extra to install on my own. After doing some internet homework later regarding price, it turns out I shouldn't have left the gun show without it. Non-buyer's remorse is the correct term I believe.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #104
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
I made the "mistake" of looking closely at a Ruger SR 1911 lightweight Commander yesterday. Nicely put together, with some features I'd often end up paying extra to install on my own. After doing some internet homework later regarding price, it turns out I shouldn't have left the gun show without it. Non-buyer's remorse is the correct term I believe.
Sucks!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #105
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

That's alright Remo it's not like Ruger made only five of the darn things, another one will come along. Meantime I have a "few" other 1911's to fiddle with.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #106
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough

Finally picked up my first pistol, an M&P Shield 9mm. Thanks to Massholeachusetts and their ridiculous laws the 10lb trigger on it is HORRIBLE. Needless to say that's changing to a ~5lb trigger ASAP
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:30 PM   #107
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88 View Post
Finally picked up my first pistol, an M&P Shield 9mm. Thanks to Massholeachusetts and their ridiculous laws the 10lb trigger on it is HORRIBLE. Needless to say that's changing to a ~5lb trigger ASAP
Congrats, love my Shield, easy to carry
Old 03-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #108
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Made it out to the range last week with a buddy to sight in a new rifle and a new scope on another setup. Picked up this IBA Rem 700 300wm about a month ago and finally got to shoot it. This is my second 300wm and Im starting to think I don't care for this caliber. Maybe i just need a brake on it? Recoil is definitely an issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

I finally bought my first Nightforce. Pretty nice piece of glass. Time to stretch her out a little.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:36 AM   #109
dijit
Have My Own Room

Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Made it out to the range last week with a buddy to sight in a new rifle and a new scope on another setup. Picked up this IBA Rem 700 300wm about a month ago and finally got to shoot it. This is my second 300wm and Im starting to think I don't care for this caliber. Maybe i just need a brake on it? Recoil is definitely an issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

I finally bought my first Nightforce. Pretty nice piece of glass. Time to stretch her out a little.
Even with a muzzle brake the 300WM is pretty brutal. I know a couple people that have suffered retina separation from the recoil. I would say trade it in on a 308. Slightly less recoil similar balistics.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:14 AM   #110
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
Even with a muzzle brake the 300WM is pretty brutal. I know a couple people that have suffered retina separation from the recoil. I would say trade it in on a 308. Slightly less recoil similar balistics.
Thanks. I have a 308 and agree the recoil is significantly less. Do you think if it was suppressed it would make that much of a difference?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #111
dijit
Have My Own Room

Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Thanks. I have a 308 and agree the recoil is significantly less. Do you think if it was suppressed it would make that much of a difference?
My experience with suppressors has been limited to smaller and subsonic calibers. That being said the recoil on those is reduced by about 30%. This is mostly due to the added weight of the barrel. I imagine it would be roughly the same in larger bore rifles. Your muzzle lift I think will be reduced significantly but your recoil or backwards push will likely be very similar. I think you would be much better served in that resolve with a compensator or muzzle brake.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #112
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Bush out a catalytic converter, slide it on, and weld it to that barrel, Halitosis.
That'll give you a little weight out front to hold that thing down and slow up the jack.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #113
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
My experience with suppressors has been limited to smaller and subsonic calibers. That being said the recoil on those is reduced by about 30%. This is mostly due to the added weight of the barrel. I imagine it would be roughly the same in larger bore rifles. Your muzzle lift I think will be reduced significantly but your recoil or backwards push will likely be very similar. I think you would be much better served in that resolve with a compensator or muzzle brake.
I stopped at the shop this morning and got a price on having it threaded and for a brake. The gunsmith said the brake would help a lot. I will drop it off next week with a turn around time of three weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Bush out a catalytic converter, slide it on, and weld it to that barrel, Halitosis.
That'll give you a little weight out front to hold that thing down and slow up the jack.
Ha! Maybe for a BMG Scott!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #114
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Dropped my upper off to a local shop to have the handguard rail changed and the flashhider switched for a brake
Old 03-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #115
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Ergo 1911 grips, any good?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #116
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Done, stock will change when my order from PSA arrives.
Shot it yesterday afrernoon too.

2015-02-24_18.44.06-1 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
BEFORE^

AFTER

20150327_163010_HDR-1 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #117
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Looks way nice!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #118
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Thanks mike. The rail is an mlok rail, magpuls response to keymod
Old 03-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #119
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I stopped at the shop this morning and got a price on having it threaded and for a brake. The gunsmith said the brake would help a lot. I will drop it off next week with a turn around time of three weeks.

Ha! Maybe for a BMG Scott!
Get some great big hose clamps and screw her down to a tree?
You could also bolt her down to the roof of one of those old cars in your back yard. The shocks and springs will take up some whammy, you don't even need air in the tires.
I'd take her off the blocks, though. Then she'll skid if she needs to.
You gotta think outside the box, my brother!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #120
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Anybody have a Remington model 783? I'm thinking about picking up the 7mm rem mag version.