Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road
Default Kamodo Joe or BGE?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I am about to make a purchase. I have seen both and eaten off both, but wanted some user opinions. Please tell me which is better and give specific reasons why one is better. I'm sure both do a good job as they are ceramic, but I hear things about steel fittings and price. Any input will really help me, as I trust people here to know their stuff. I currently have a modified Brinkman, so I know how to slow cook, but want more ease of use. I'm sure both will give that, but the Joe is somewhat cheaper, and I have heard the steel is better on the Joe. Any difference in the craftsmanship of the ceramic?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Kamodo Joe or BGE?

I have a BGE and LOVE it. Cannot comment on a Kamado Joe. Make sure the fit n finish is good. A lot of the BGE knock-offs are pretty crappy.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
keith_mahoney
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Keith
Trading: (0)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
keith_mahoney is on a distinguished road

I don't know what K. Joe is but I have had a Big Steel Keg for about 4 years and love it. Check out the forms over at bigsteelkeg.com for lots of info on it as well as a great community. Quite abfew people over there have multiple BSK and BGE grills and have written up extensive unbiased pro and con lists of each grill.
I went with the BSK because I am in the military and move a lot so I wnated something that could take some abuse. This grill definitely can, I even have a trailer hitch attachment for it and take it with me to parties and camping. I love the control on this thing. I can smoke a brisket for 17 hours at 250 or open her up and sear a steak at nearly 800 degrees.
keith_mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I love my Primo. Make sure you take a look at them as we'll. They are made in Tucker or Norcross and are fantastic komodo style ceramic grills. I have the "egg shaped" but my stepdads Oval XL is awesome. I have cooked and eaten off both the BGE XL and the Primo Oval XL and it seems like I had more control on the Oval. Plus they are local to you and you can go see the factory and if you ever have a warranty issue you take it there and they fix it.

EDIT: I just looked and. They are in Tucker now

http://primogrill.com/
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote