Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tough luck for Craig Anderson tonight, what a crap goal.

Sharks need to bear down on Thursday or it's gonna bring on the Fat Lady.
Heading to the U.C. for the Hawks game tomorrow after some fish tacos at the Twisted Spoke.

The fat lady is warming up. I can hear her. Will take a dramatic change in heart and effort to escape the Blues. I just dont see it. The leaders are not stepping up as usual. Post game last night Boyle kept reminding the reporters it was 4-1 everytime they discussed the lat.e push. Maybe its good, appears the team is in need of an overhaul.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1242
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Mike I just think the Preds depth/speed and goalie will win the day. Last game Datsyuk stole that puck and got a goal. Thats not going to happen often. Be honest great individual effort by a superstar, but flueky goal. The second goal was end of the game 6-4 empty net and pp goal. The Preds had one 5-4 pp but the other two goals were speed goals were the D got beat. Kleins goal the D got flat out beat. He skated right up the middle splitting both D. Kosti goal was speed also 3 on 1. The Preds scoring is coming from everywhere. I dont think the Wings carried the game.

Again I disagree. Datsyuk's goal was unusual but I wouldn't call it flukey. He lifted the d-man's stick twice, stole the puck and tucked it into the net. Rinne fell asleep on the play. Had Rinne been paying attention Dats would hav still hade a 1 on 1 against him at point blank range. I have to figure Dats would score on that play half the time anyway.

Preds got two majorly flukey goals in game 1, which they went on to win 3-2. One off Stuart's skate, from behind the net, and the other was unintentionally deflected twice from 50 ft out. Wings carried much of the play in that game; most of the 2nd period and all of the 3rd. Game 2, Preds carried most of the play but Wings won. Game 3, Preds jumped on the Wings early but Wings were strong in most of the 2nd and dominated the 3rd. In fact, had there been .1 seconds more on the 2nd period clock that game would've been tied 2-2 in the 2nd. I know, if wishes and buts were candy and nuts. My point is it's a tight series between two teams that matchup well. I feel the Wings have better overall talent and skate better. Look at the 4-4 play for evidence of that. Rinne is good but not head and shoulders above Howard. Rinne's numbers will look better but some of that is due to the type of offenses their facing.

I expect a strong showing tonight.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #1243
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Seems to me the Yotes are playing it coy, saying Smith is a game time decision tonight, forcing Shanahan to make a decision without knowing if he'll play. Interesting tactic if that's what it is...I'm guessing Smith will play.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #1244
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Seems to me the Yotes are playing it coy, saying Smith is a game time decision tonight, forcing Shanahan to make a decision without knowing if he'll play. Interesting tactic if that's what it is...I'm guessing Smith will play.
That's what the Wings should have done when Weber turnbuckled Zetterberg. "Day-to-Day" until after the sentencing.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #1245
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Exactly...what a joke.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1246
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

3 games
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #1247
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
3 games
Wow...
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #1248
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Got to watch the video. I thought max 2. Does Shaw have a history. Thats pretty stiff. I saw the intent to make contact, but 3 games.

Mike move on about Weber. If the Wings get bounced are you going to use that as a crutch?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1249
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Watched the video. Shanahan is high. Shaw has no history. I am so mad I can hardly see straight.

Off to the city shortly, seeing if I can find a "F*** Shanahan" shirt to wear to the game.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #1250
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
I'm assuming the league's (Shanahan) disciplinary actions should shed light on who went overboard yesterday [Sunday].
Adams - 1 game
Neal - 1 game
Asham - 4 games

Flyers - 0

And some really entertaining hockey tonight! The Panthers come back from a 3-0 deficit, Preds handle the Wings in a very good game and the Hawks and Yotes currently battling...with yet another suspension likely coming out of that game.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #1251
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Adams - 1 game
Neal - 1 game
Asham - 4 games

Flyers - 0

And some really entertaining hockey tonight! The Panthers come back from a 3-0 deficit, Preds handle the Wings in a very good game and the Hawks and Yotes currently battling...with yet another suspension likely coming out of that game.
That hit on Hossa looked nasty. Torres will be gone for a while I bet.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #1252
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

In my opinion and I am not a Hawks homer though they are one of the teams I cheer for when the Sharks are not playing them. That troll pos should not be allowed on the ice till sometime next season. This will be atleast his third suspension. He is one of the dirtiest players in the game.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #1253
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Pens should start making Tee Times now. And really start working on how to play Defense next year

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #1254
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I am thoroughly disgusted with the NHL at the moment, officials missing obvious calls and making ridiculous ones. Torres should be gone for the postseason plus.

Even if the Hawks come back in their series versus the Coyotes, they will likely play the next round without Hossa. It was a sick feeling watching him stretchered from the rink.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #1255
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

You mean sorta like the Canucks have been without Daniel Sedin since Keith head hunted him Tom? Not wishing harm on Hossa, or any other player, but what goes around comes around... especially in a league that seems hell bent on ensuring no form of meaningful penalties try and stop all these so called professionals from going out on the ice and intentionally trying to injure each other. There was a caller on the local sports radio show earlier this week that likened the current playoffs to the Hunger Games and I can't say I disagreed with him.

What the NHL is allowing happen right now, on all team and in all series, is seriously turning me off the brand of the game they're trying to sell. Unfortunately, TV viewership is up across the board but especially in the lucrative US market. Given that that's Bettman and the NHL's ultimate wet dream I can't imagine we'll see any serious attempt to curb this MMA come Hunger Games On Ice BS anytime soon
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #1256
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am thoroughly disgusted with the NHL at the moment, officials missing obvious calls and making ridiculous ones. Torres should be gone for the postseason plus.

Even if the Hawks come back in their series versus the Coyotes, they will likely play the next round without Hossa. It was a sick feeling watching him stretchered from the rink.
You know I hate Torres brother. That guys a scumbag and tries to hurt people. That play has really just stained the series. When a pos like Torres can injure one of the teams stars its ot a fair trade. As you said even if they move forward you have to wonder when or if Hossa can even return.

As to officiating I will say tonight I watched both the preds wings and hawks yotes. Both were poorly officiated. I am very glad the Preds won. To me the refs called a horrid game which helped the Wings so much. I have watched the waived off goal play multiple times and still cant figure out how they waived it off. How could he even argue intent to blow the whistle. Well thats what I am guessing he used. That was one of the worst decisions by a ref in these playoffs. That combined with the penalty imbalance 7 penalties to 3 and the 3-1 score is that much more impressive. The score was really 4-1. Hey Mike Howard is no Rinne. Not close. I said and will continue to say speed and Rinne is better appears will be the difference in this series.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #1257
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

The thing that bothers me the most the Torres just went back to the bench like oh well. I don't care how much you don't like someone you still pay that player some respect. The officials once again sucked this game. I am waiting to see what happens Torres.

Rumor has it that is in on the golf course her the northern suburbs. I can we all go kick his arse!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #1258
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Adams - 1 game
Neal - 1 game
Asham - 4 games

Flyers - 0
Gotta love the Philly Daily News....

Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #1259
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

CHICAGO (AP) Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres was suspended indefinitely Wednesday for a hit that knocked Chicago's Marian Hossa out of Game 3 in the teams' opening-round playoff series.

Torres faces a Friday hearing with NHL officials in New York. The hearing was planned for Wednesday but was deferred at the request of the player and NHL Players' Association.

Very nice!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #1260
Will herf for food

VR

First, WFT happened here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ardFsXSX8 ?????

Frustrating. Lidstrom, White, Hudler, AND Howard all follow Erat and overcommit. My 4 yr old daughter could have slammed home Klein's goal.

Quote:
As to officiating I will say tonight I watched both the preds wings and hawks yotes. Both were poorly officiated. I am very glad the Preds won. To me the refs called a horrid game which helped the Wings so much. I have watched the waived off goal play multiple times and still cant figure out how they waived it off. How could he even argue intent to blow the whistle. Well thats what I am guessing he used. That was one of the worst decisions by a ref in these playoffs. That combined with the penalty imbalance 7 penalties to 3 and the 3-1 score is that much more impressive. The score was really 4-1. Hey Mike Howard is no Rinne. Not close. I said and will continue to say speed and Rinne is better appears will be the difference in this series.

It killed me to watch that game. The Wings dominated the entire game except for a handful of mental lapses like the one above. Wings had 2.5 times the number of shots and scoring chances but can't score. The Preds capitalized on every mistake. I think Mike's right about Rinne. Last night Howard played poorly. Rinne has been the difference. The disallowed goal should have counted, amazing break the Wings couldn't take advantage of.

Rinne is definitely in the Wings head. They'll have to bomb him for 4-5 goals in game 5 to break through that mental block and have any chance to come back in this series. It won't happen, but that's the only scenario I can see them winning. I do feel the refs weren't perfect but the reason for the major penalty discrepancy was the fact the Wings were so aggressive. They held the puck in the Preds zone so much the Preds ended up committing more penalties out of desparation.

I read this article that kind of makes the same point about the team carrying the play not winning:
Quote:
The Red Wings, at least, will take Wednesday off before regrouping and hoping to rally from a 3-1 deficit for the second time in two seasons, against perhaps the most perplexing playoff goalie opponent since Dwayne Roloson back in 2006 in one Pekka Rinne....

Simply put, if it wasn’t for the 6-foot-5 Rinne’s dazzling performance in goal, the series would almost surely be evened up at two games apiece.

“We were on our heels way too much and it definitely showed in the shot total,” said Klein, whose team was outshot by a 41-17 margin after being outshot 43-22 in Game 3 on Sunday. “I mean, I think we only had 10 shots after two periods and you’re not going to win too many times [that way] without a goalie like [Rinne]. He did it all tonight. Thank goodness we have him.”
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...with_a_hercul/

And as I've said
Quote:
It was the third game in a row that the team with more scoring chances didn’t get the victory.
http://detroitsportszone.wordpress.com/

And
Quote:
This series has been bizarre! It seems that the team that has had the more quality scoring chances has lost. In games one, three and four Detroit has outshot Nashville 121-65 and yet the Wings have lost all three of the games. In game 2, Nashville outshot Detroit 26-17 and the Wings were victorious. Again, it’s been very bizarre. But, I’m not judging the series by shots alone, oh no, instead I’m judging the series by who the more dangerous teams have been and it just so happens that the team with the most shots have been the most threatening.
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...n-this-series/

I'm not trying to argue my point but just shine the light from a different perspective.