Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
thecatch83

Default Viaje Skull and Bones MOAB

Origin: Nicaragua
Length: 4 1/4
Ring Gauge: 54
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Cut: Xicar (first cap)
Burn: 1:05
Strength: Full

First try with a fiver of these that have been sitting in the cooler for a couple of months (65% RH). Very nice smelling stick, great construction, draw was perfect. Initial flavors were very nice, oustanding complexity with a nice little spice kick on the back. Copious amounts of white smoke, and the ash held on for a good inch and a half. Unfortunately, I had to perform 2-3 touch ups and relights. The MOAB wasn't tunneling, it just burned inconsistently. The previous reviews have been spot on, in that this cigar needs more time in the humidor, and I won't touch the other four I have for at least another year. This will be a complex flavor bomb and I was impressed overall despite the burn issues. Would I buy more of these? Without a doubt, if you can find them!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Viaje Skull and Bones MOAB

Nice review...haven't had the pleasure of this Viaje yet, but will be on the lookout!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Nice review. I lit one of these up the other nights. I have one more that I am giving another 6 months to rest and then a 5er sleeping at the bottom of my humidor.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing. These remind me a lot of the Holiday Blend
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

have 2 of these waiting in the humidor...smoked one already. Good stuff, tho not as strong as I thought it would be.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
burnem
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (3)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
burnem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks for sharing. These remind me a lot of the Holiday Blend

OOhhhh... Holiday Blend is one of my favs. I've had one of the MOAB and am hoping that age will bring them down a little and that they get closer to my experience with the HB.
burnem is offline   Reply With Quote