Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #1661
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Games thread!

Man if I had a computer that would run D3 I'd be all over it. It may not be perfect but I owe it to Blizzard to try it out after all the years I spent on D1, D2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2, and even a year and a half on WoW after it first came out. I've spent the last couple years just console gaming though so my computer is #1 in storage from the move, #2 broken, and #3 woefully out of date.

If I didn't have my tablet I wouldn't even be able to leech wifi and surf the net.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #1662
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'm still bitter about them breaking up S2 into 3 games and trying to get $140 per person out of the game.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #1663
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Have they even bothered to make the second one yet? I was assuming the other 2 would be expansion packs and be priced accordingly, but haven't heard anything official.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #1664
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
I cant wait for the new Assassans Creed. Killing red coats is going to be fun!
The naval battles look epic! Can't wait to play this one.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #1665
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
Have they even bothered to make the second one yet? I was assuming the other 2 would be expansion packs and be priced accordingly, but haven't heard anything official.
Making 2 ....supposedly end of the year. They are priced "accordingly" they sold the first for 60 the next two look like 40 a piece. So $140 for the complete game. The original SC was like $30 for all 3 campaigns. Broodwar was an additional $30 or so for 3 more complete campaigns. $60 for 6 campaigns, so far I've paid $60 for ONE campaign.

Rip off
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #1666
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Making 2 ....supposedly end of the year. They are priced "accordingly" they sold the first for 60 the next two look like 40 a piece. So $140 for the complete game. The original SC was like $30 for all 3 campaigns. Broodwar was an additional $30 or so for 3 more complete campaigns. $60 for 6 campaigns, so far I've paid $60 for ONE campaign.

Rip off
I played a couple hours of the first one and got bored fast. I don't know, I like the old classic RTS form from C&C, SC1, TA, etc. They're trying too hard to improve on a really good model.

They won't get any more money out of me for the other two until a couple/few years from now when someone offers a "classic bundle" for short money.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #1667
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

I don't know if my tastes have changed or if it was the aforementioned changes to the core game play, but I was never able to get into WC3 or SC2 eithe. Which is odd considering how much time I poured into their predecessors.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #1668
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
I don't know if my tastes have changed or if it was the aforementioned changes to the core game play, but I was never able to get into WC3 or SC2 eithe. Which is odd considering how much time I poured into their predecessors.
Oh it's them.

Head to GOG and pick up "Total Annihilation" for $6 and you'll see what I mean. Yeah the graphics are a little wonky but it's fun as hell. I jsut spent $15 on "Command & Conquer: The First Decade" from amazon. Just wonderful. The worst thing to contend with in the good old games is some really goofy cutscenes.

No retarded attempts to build in plot trees or RPG elements (whatever that actually means.) Just great turtling and zergling rush tactics (well, ok. not JUST that.)
Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #1669
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
I definitely couldn't get into SC2, but really it was only because it's been so long and they sold me 1/3 of the game. I really wish they would have kept more of the classic units in the game as well. Thought I do like some of the new styles of play.

If only you could combine SC1 and SC2, that would be a game.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #1670
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
Oh it's them.

Head to GOG and pick up "Total Annihilation" for $6 and you'll see what I mean. Yeah the graphics are a little wonky but it's fun as hell. I jsut spent $15 on "Command & Conquer: The First Decade" from amazon. Just wonderful. The worst thing to contend with in the good old games is some really goofy cutscenes.

No retarded attempts to build in plot trees or RPG elements (whatever that actually means.) Just great turtling and zergling rush tactics (well, ok. not JUST that.)
I love TA, it is a much overlooked classic.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #1671
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

I just wish they'd take the data files of some of the classics and apply them over the top of a new engine. (yes, I know it's not QUITE that simple.)

Like... Morrowind for instance. I could never finish that as it was just too buggy on my rig. But put that on the version of the engine that Skyrim's running? That would be amazing! Hell, even Daggerfall for that matter.

These things were classic. Now it's a special effects and "how many gaming mechanics can I jam into this thing?" fest.

Also, get those kids off my lawn. Their baseball belongs to me now.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #1672
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Yeah I never got to play Morrowind either. There were so many good older games I'd be up for them getting put on current engines as well.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #1673
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

My copy of Age of Empires III Complete Collection arrives from Amazon today!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #1674
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Man if I had a computer that would run D3 I'd be all over it. It may not be perfect but I owe it to Blizzard to try it out after all the years I spent on D1, D2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2, and even a year and a half on WoW after it first came out. I've spent the last couple years just console gaming though so my computer is #1 in storage from the move, #2 broken, and #3 woefully out of date.

If I didn't have my tablet I wouldn't even be able to leech wifi and surf the net.

Not a lover or hater of DIII, it is what it is, but my computer is over 5 years old. Now it was a very expensive build back in the day. But it doesn't even meet the min requirements Blizzard lists for the game and runs. If you computer is in or close to the may run, but we won't support category they list it should run DIII just fine, albeit on low resolution.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #1675
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Tried playing Ghost Recon, It's hard to get into it. Spec Ops The Line seems interesting though. The graphics are awesome.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #1676
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Tried playing Ghost Recon, It's hard to get into it. Spec Ops The Line seems interesting though. The graphics are awesome.
The marketing looks neat but I'm having trouble figuring out what's actually different about them from other recent FPSs.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1677
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

It isn't a First person shooter, it is Third person. Just like Ghost Recon, Hitman games...etc.

The graphics are very good, but I just got into it so I can't say much yet.

Seems like they have introduced more environmental combat, which seems interesting. We'll see as I get further into it.

It still is a war game and the genre is so played out. So I don't know if it will go the distance yet.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #1678
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
It isn't a First person shooter, it is Third person. Just like Ghost Recon, Hitman games...etc.

The graphics are very good, but I just got into it so I can't say much yet.

Seems like they have introduced more environmental combat, which seems interesting. We'll see as I get further into it.

It still is a war game and the genre is so played out. So I don't know if it will go the distance yet.
Cool, thanks. Yeah I'll stay tuned for more impressions. I don't really have room for anything else now that I've jacked my skull so firmly back into EQ2.

But if it's sufficiently compelling I'll tap it.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #1679
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Further getting into this game, I don't get it. The "story" seems completely ridiculous. The gameplay is so-so. Shame because the graphics are quite nice. I'm having trouble really getting into it. It looked like something different, but eh...I don't like the direction at all.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #1680
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
The marketing looks neat but I'm having trouble figuring out what's actually different about them from other recent FPSs.
Quote:
Cool, thanks. Yeah I'll stay tuned for more impressions. I don't really have room for anything else now that I've jacked my skull so firmly back into EQ2.

But if it's sufficiently compelling I'll tap it.
Unlike Bill I love the new Ghost Recon. At least the multiplayer since it's all I've played. I think it's great and requires more thought to be put into it that just running and shooting like in COD etc.