Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Any Lucky Cigar Buys?

The cigar Gods smiled on me a couple days ago and I thought I'd share my awesome good luck story!

As many of ya'll know, last weekend Holtz ran an awesome deal on Tat Havana VI Verocu #9s, a box of 20 for right at $100. I love Tat and hadn't tried those particular ones before so I decided to pick up a box. As I also like Benchmades for a good cheap smoke, I ordered two Benchmade Cazadores for sh*ts and giggles.
When I opened the package upon delivery it contained THREE boxes of cigars. One box of Tats and two boxes of Benchmades! Some ding-bat at Holtz confused my order of two single Benchmades for two boxes of 'em. All while still charging me only for two sticks. In total, I got 20 Tat Verocus and 50 Benchmades for a whopping $106.75!

This made me think if any other BOTLs have caught some lucky breaks over the years. Either in shipping mishaps as in my case or in finding that forgotten limited edition box in the back of your favorite B&M, I wanna hear some other fortunate findings or lucky breaks!

Last edited by pnoon; 01-19-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: image removed per OP
Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Lucky Cigar Buys?

This thread may not turn out good
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

my thoughts exactly, bragging about getting a sizably better order on a site that has representatives from said companies as members... hey to each their own

stearns
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
The cigar Gods smiled on me a couple days ago and I thought I'd share my awesome good luck story!

As many of ya'll know, last weekend Holtz ran an awesome deal on Tat Havana VI Verocu #9s, a box of 20 for right at $100. I love Tat and hadn't tried those particular ones before so I decided to pick up a box. As I also like Benchmades for a good cheap smoke, I ordered two Benchmade Cazadores for sh*ts and giggles.
When I opened the package upon delivery it contained THREE boxes of cigars. One box of Tats and two boxes of Benchmades! Some ding-bat at Holtz confused my order of two single Benchmades for two boxes of 'em. All while still charging me only for two sticks. In total, I got 20 Tat Verocus and 50 Benchmades for a whopping $106.75!

This made me think if any other BOTLs have caught some lucky breaks over the years. Either in shipping mishaps as in my case or in finding that forgotten limited edition box in the back of your favorite B&M, I wanna hear some other fortunate findings or lucky breaks!

You definitely need to call them and talk to customer service. If not, that is stealing

Last edited by pnoon; 01-19-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: image removed per OP
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
You definitely need to call them and talk to customer service. If not, that is stealing

Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

You probably shouldn't have your address up....
Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

+1 to all of the above.

You should really let them know about the misshap.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
Darrell

Some dingbat at Holts?

You mean a presumably hardworking employee that made a human error?

Way to have integrity. I know who on CA I will NOT be dealing with EVER.

Loser.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
You probably shouldn't have your address up....
And phone number...
Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Some dingbat at Holts?

You mean a presumably hardworking employee that made a human error?

Way to have integrity. I know who on CA I will NOT be dealing with EVER.

Loser.

+1
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

My apologies gentlemen. Did not realize a proper recourse for an ordering/mailing mishap. My integrity is the last thing I want to be in question. Will contact Holtz ASAP and rectify the situation.

Agreed that posting my addy was a dumb move, lol
Old 01-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #12
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
My apologies gentlemen. Did not realize a proper recourse for an ordering/mailing mishap. My integrity is the last thing I want to be in question. Will contact Holtz ASAP and rectify the situation.

Agreed that posting my addy was a dumb move, lol
You did not realize that you should contact the company because they sent you like $100 extra dollars in cigars than you ordered?

You have a lot of learning to do concerning real life.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

He apologized, I think we can stop piling on now.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 AM   #14
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I know Mike personally and fairly well. He is a stand up guy even though this thread was not his best display of his morals. He is a college guy!!!! I would imagine he will certainly learn from the correction of his elders. I am sure many of us, I know I have, made slips when we are young that are not indicative of our true selves.

If you never have then go ahead and pile on!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice grab of the Tats though!!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #16
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Im sure that they will tell you to keep them anyway. But it is best to be honest!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #17
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Im sure that they will tell you to keep them anyway. But it is best to be honest!
Probably true, It'll make you feel all warm a squishy inside too
Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
ZJB

They probably will just give them to you anyway but its best to call, as you may want to do business with them in the future. Don't sweat it learn from it. I've had my share of mishaps or should I say run-ins with the law far worse than that. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.

I just paid $100 for 5 Padron 45ths Mad. which I think was a good deal BTW.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #19
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Agreed, and I aint casting no stones.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #20
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I know Mike personally and fairly well. He is a stand up guy even though this thread was not his best display of his morals. He is a college guy!!!! I would imagine he will certainly learn from the correction of his elders. I am sure many of us, I know I have, made slips when we are young that are not indicative of our true selves.

If you never have then go ahead and pile on!!!