Where is the hardware picture?
This week is nuts.
Monday power skating
Tuesday swimming
Wednesday summer team practice
Thursday judo (may skip this week)
Friday power skating
Saturday up at 5am to drive to roller tourney then Xice jamboree in afternoon
Sunday Xice jamboree in AM immediately followed by summer team practice.

Thankful power skating was only 2 weeks. Signed up before he made summer team.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #1002
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

BUSY! Look forward to hearing about the Jamboree...

No idea about the hardware... Thought we were getting it this weekend, but apparently not???

The HS is starting practice tonight... Apparently this new coach is going to have them practice during Summer League... I'll take it! LM is also going to play with the Regulators this Summer in Men's League...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #1003
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Christmas in April..... (we're saying it is his early birthday present)....

His gloves are trashed, holes in one palm & 2 fingers, both the pad straps on the thumbs have come undone. Shoulder pads getting small...but has not outgrown them. They're pretty funky though. Needed new practice socks and I just decided to throw the tape in......

Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #1004
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

The boy loves vapor gloves. Do you feel comfortable with him in the u+ as a D man blocking shots?
I was playing with those at giant the other day. While super light and comfortable the front panels around the center section seemed really thin. Hell I have the boy in S13 pads and those things are really protective in the chest and collar area and hes a forward.

Its funny how certain companys do a good with certain items. I know for the boy we like Bauer for Gloves. Bauer or Reebok for Shins and elbows. Shoulders I definitely prefer the way Easton does their chest and front panel. They also now tend to have a low profile and large cap option. Their new Mako line of shoulders is very cool and the boy said they felt great when he tried them on. Pants I still say most pants are garbage. Graf, Tackla Eagle make amazing pants extreme protection with great range of motion. Skates anf helmets are such an individual thing but seems bauer holds court. No idea why I just wrote all that. Clearly wasting time.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #1005
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

You know, he said the same thing about the CL's.... "These feel like I don't have anything on.....wonder how they will take a shot?" But we went with them and will see. Amazed at how light they are....how good they feel. Reviews of those wearing them say they are surprised with the level of protection. Didn't look at anything else, going from the U+ Pros.... Interested to see the Mako's....as I have stated before on here, not a big fan of big shoulder caps.

We're pretty close on equipment.... The Little One is overdressed and looks to be sponsored by Bauer....

Big One :
Helmet - Bauer 9900
Gloves - Bauer APX
Shoulder - CCM CL
Elbow -RBK 11K
Shin -RBK 11K
Pants -Bauer TO (because he is tall, the Xlong option is nice)
Skates -Bauer One100

Little One :
Helmet - RBK 8K
Gloves -Bauer TO
Shoulder -Bauer One95
Elbow -Bauer One95
Shin -Bauer One95
Pants -Bauer TO
Skates -Bauer X5

Looking at the pic above, I gave the LM all that tape and he bought another 16 rolls at the Grizzlies clear out(paid like $6 for 16 rolls).... Thinks he needs to retape his stick every few times on the ice....
Old 05-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1006
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

After what seemed like FOREVER(just over 2 months) since the pups have been on the ice for "real" games, here we go again.... Men's League Game with the Regulators tonight! Love watching them compete on the ice!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #1007
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

After being up 3-2, lost 5-3.... I'd like to know what level of mens league they're playing in...... Think D2...?

First time putting on a Regulators jersey.... Meh....may take some getting use to....

Playing some D....

Had 3 really good chances(didn't convert)....this was one..... The best I got caught watching.....it was a beautiful move, split two defenders on a break and snapped one that was shouldered away....UGH!

WHAT!?!?!!?!?!

Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1008
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Lol sin bin.

Found a new hell for him. Parking garage Ramp runs. Running up all four levels non stop sucks for even me. Did it 3 times then on fourth had his sister do it and he had to chase her down. He was gased.

Kind of lame but he got mvp of his inhouse team. Didnt even know he got it till we read the trophy 2 weeks later. Had to leave team party early.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #1009
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Awesome, Mike! Congrats to Micah! Great drylands..... Love that you have your girl going as well....
Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1010
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Northern California 8U Champions. Of course mine takes the only penalty of tournament for his team doing the stick lift shoulder check on a kid along the boards. He was confused as he went to the box. In ice its allowed.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1011
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

EXCELLENT!!!! Excited for you both! Awesome to win it all!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #1012
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

First....a big CONGRATS to the Little One for being selected for a slot on the U10 Regulator team.... Don't think we'll accept, but it is nice to have that option...

Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #1013
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

The Little Man CRUSHED TONIGHT.... The team did not.... Up 3-1, lost 5-3...

His goal...

Couple hits...

In between periods, he decided that he needed to take off his Elite Bamboo Shirt thingy....??? WTF?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #1014
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

So my son spent lunch yesterday and today in the office. He was playing soccer yesterday even though he has been told not to. He had gotten into some altercations with second graders at the start of the year and I guess the big bad 1st grader was to physical playing soccer. WITHOUT PERMISSION! We told him no more soccer. Yesterday first time back playing soccer. He gets into a dispute with someone over his goal. The boy got in his face and apparently he decided to break out his judo knowledge and toss the kid backwards. My wife was so pissed.

It doesnt help that at the start of the year and last year these 2 boys had a little history and mine keeps ending up on the non hurt side. Ahhhhhhhh hockey. Apparently he went to a baby shower over the weekend and took on a 10 and 9 year old in a pool fight and woukdnt back down. Parents came up to wife and commented on how tough he was and how he wouldnt back down.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 05-10-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #1015
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

For Memorial Day we are going to a tourney in Valencia with the squirt team hes on for spring ice.
His roller mite 8U team is playing 1hr away in corona.
He has ice games friday morning and evening and Sunday at 6 am. Then a game on Monday.
For Roller a lot of games on Saturday and Sunday. So the scheduling worked out perfect. Should play 4 ice and 6 or more roller games over that weekend.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #1016
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Think hockey/soccer is tough switch... Position is invaluable, but wonder about the physical. The Little One is always trying to "knock um off" the ball.... Her coach always worries about her physical play.... Maybe worse, because it is all girls....??? Practice is worse, always has girls crying and saying she is too physical... I actually just texted him about it....
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1017
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...165817182.html
I think these are 10 year olds
Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #1018
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Hey guys, I will be selling my boys Hockey equipment in a couple of days. It is all "like new" in excelent condition. He only played one season in this stuff. He was a short, skinny 10-11 year old when he wore it so it is probably better suited for an 8-10 year old.
I will post pics and sizes w/ measurments here soon. Please let me know if you or someone you know is looking for some very nice condition, child/youth sized Hockey Equipment.
It will be Skates, Shoulder Pads, Pants, Elbow Pads, Shin Guards, Gloves and a few pairs of socks.

P.M. me if you are interested.

Thanks
Brent
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #1019
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Summer tourney jersey.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #1020
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post

Summer tourney jersey.
AWESOME! Love it....