Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Perdomo Hype

I am seeing them pop up on a lot of sites lately (monster, retailers, even catalogs that are coming to the house) and through twitter as well. I don't remember reading about a new line coming out or anything through HalfWheel so what is with all the hype about them?

I have had a couple of the Habano Maduros and I really enjoyed them, but haven't had anything else. I am going to a Perdomo event tonight, so will be picking up some stuff, but just curious about all the latest hype surrounding this sticks.

Some of you brothers with more knowledge fill me in here.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Perdomo Hype

I have not seen much hype, however they seem to be a very consistent and quality manufacturer. I have enjoyed most Perdomo sticks I have smoked but I have not really been wowed! I hope to spend some quality time with Nick at Cigarfest this year (Name drop, hahah) because a good BOTL here kinda knows him. We will see.

Enjoy the event Mickey, I am sure it will be a good time.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Try the 10th Anniversary Maduro. It's a goodie. I also like the Grand Cru.

Not sure what all the hype is about, I guess I didn't really notice.

In my opinion, Perdomo makes a solid cigar. Nothing that is exceptional, but I have yet to have a bad Perdomo, very good sticks.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I haven't had any luck with Perdomo's cigars. Every one I have tried has made me pitch it halfway thru. But that's just my experience with them.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

I like the Nick's Stick maduro for an every day cigar. I've got a Lot 23 waiting in the humi.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Been something of a fan over the years. But, come to think of it, I don't buy much anymore. Only a couple cigars from them that stands out from the rest for me: Patriarch Corojo - especially in the lonsdale; and Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto.

Sadly, my two favorite Perdomos are no more - but they're good enough that I still scoop them up and hoard them whenever I stumble on them: Reserve Tradicion Maduro (in the red cello); and ESV 91 Maduro; both were great a few years ago and with age are even better.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I am seeing them pop up on a lot of sites lately (monster, retailers, even catalogs that are coming to the house) and through twitter as well. I don't remember reading about a new line coming out or anything through HalfWheel so what is with all the hype about them?

I have had a couple of the Habano Maduros and I really enjoyed them, but haven't had anything else. I am going to a Perdomo event tonight, so will be picking up some stuff, but just curious about all the latest hype surrounding this sticks.

Some of you brothers with more knowledge fill me in here.

Mickey, Perdomo is overall a very good quality stick and for years was considered one of my favorite smokes. The lot 23 maduro was one of my favorite everyday smokes and the ESV 91 maduro was my weekend smoke the only complaints I have is they are packed full of tobacco and sometimes have a tough draw. For years they were considered almost like the Liga line is now.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Digs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
LigaPrivadaT84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs View Post
Mickey, Perdomo is overall a very good quality stick and for years was considered one of my favorite smokes. The lot 23 maduro was one of my favorite everyday smokes and the ESV 91 maduro was my weekend smoke the only complaints I have is they are packed full of tobacco and sometimes have a tough draw. For years they were considered almost like the Liga line is now.
Remember the Lot23 Maduros being quite good too.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

I pretty much liked every perdomo I've had and I've had all of them (to my knowledge) in the last 5 years. They're good sticks at a working mans price point which is why you're going to see more and more vendors pushing them now
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I have not seen much hype, however they seem to be a very consistent and quality manufacturer. I have enjoyed most Perdomo sticks I have smoked but I have not really been wowed! I hope to spend some quality time with Nick at Cigarfest this year (Name drop, hahah) because a good BOTL here kinda knows him. We will see.

Enjoy the event Mickey, I am sure it will be a good time.
That would be cool to meet him, he sounds like a real stand up guy and he earned my respect on this past KMA broadcast, you should have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Try the 10th Anniversary Maduro. It's a goodie. I also like the Grand Cru.

Not sure what all the hype is about, I guess I didn't really notice.

In my opinion, Perdomo makes a solid cigar. Nothing that is exceptional, but I have yet to have a bad Perdomo, very good sticks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Been something of a fan over the years. But, come to think of it, I don't buy much anymore. Only a couple cigars from them that stands out from the rest for me: Patriarch Corojo - especially in the lonsdale; and Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto.

Sadly, my two favorite Perdomos are no more - but they're good enough that I still scoop them up and hoard them whenever I stumble on them: Reserve Tradicion Maduro (in the red cello); and ESV 91 Maduro; both were great a few years ago and with age are even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys (I am actually making a list) Interesting that these were considered like the Liga now Digs.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I enjoy the Perdomo2 Maduro
Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
itsme_timd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tim
Trading: (3)
ERdM
itsme_timd will become famous soon enough

I always forget about Perdomo when going for a cigar but anytime I grab one again I enjoy it. Had an Exhibicion Maduro recently and really enjoyed it. Haven't noticed them being hyped anymore lately than in the past but one of my locals is a huge Perdomo fan so I usually hear plenty about them as well.

Next to the Exhibicion I've enjoyed the Champagne and the P^2 as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Do hope that Nick is at the event you're going to. I go out of my way to attend events when I know he'll be there. Hell of a nice guy.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys (I am actually making a list) Interesting that these were considered like the Liga now Digs.
Another one I liked but forgot to list was the CI Legends Red Label which is made by Perdomo. Another good one to check out.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Haven't seen them get much hype as a general line, but I enjoy the patriarch maduros. I really really liked the old la tradicion reserve maduros, but they discontinued them and came out with the 10th anniversaries, which I think are a poor substitute. I've got a few of the oldies that I save for quiet moments when I can really focus on the stick. They are chocolate bombs that pair beautifully with a nice porter.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

The Lot 23 maddies are good smoke. Affordable too. The 10th anniversary maduro is also an excellent stick. I really havent had a bad Perdomo (but I havent come even come close to trying all of them).
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I've only had a few Perdomo and haven't really formed an opinion of them either way. Sounds like a good time though. Have fun!
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
Reaver2145

After having a few perdomos i can say any hype is good hype IMO unlike some of the OPUS X perdomo do good solid cigars not really outstanding but a reliable smoke for every day.

Champagne reserve /noir and Lot 23 are both great everyday smokes.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

I have some Habano Maduros that I smoke on occasion, they aren't anything to write home about but they are hard to beat for the money.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I like that when I reach for a Perdomo I know what I am getting, a well constructed, good smoking cigar. Sure there are better out there, but most Perdomo's are in the $5-$8 range and I've never been upset that I smoked one.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote