Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 09-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #2421
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Last few nights:

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #2422
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

No losers there

I just got a bottle of EHT Single Barrel in, I tried a sample of one blind and thought it was solid but wasn't wowed, I still have a sample of that one I'm going to side-by-side with this bottle when I crack it. Had a friend that got it from Binny's for $69.99 and didn't want to keep it, I couldn't say no
Old 09-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #2423
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yeah, can't say "no" at retail, Ben.

Hung out with a local guy and had my first taste of EHT Barrel Proof. Yeah, I'd pay over retail there.

Had a few other cool pours. Old Forester Birthday, and a couple different Kavalan expressions. One was aged in Sherry casks, the other was their barrel proof "base". Not much of a finished whiskey guy, but these were really freakin' good.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:10 AM   #2424
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Yes please on all of the above

Sounds like a great time, EHTBP seems completely unobtainable but I've said that before about things that I've somehow ended up with, eyes open!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #2425
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Sounds like a great time, EHTBP seems completely unobtainable but I've said that before about things that I've somehow ended up with, eyes open!
Yeah, I see crazy secondary prices. I'd love a bottle, but not at gouger rates.

Two pours of Booker's last night, Shiny Barrel and Country Ham. Shiny is good, but the Ham is the sh!t.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #2426
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Local FB group did a barrel pick of 4 year old Tumbling Dice. A tad sweet on the palate with lingering heat on the finish. Great pick by these guys.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #2427
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like The Right Stuff!!
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #2428
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe215 View Post
Looks like The Right Stuff!!

Old 10-03-2020, 06:04 AM   #2429
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The OFs are going for more than double what I paid on FB secondary groups, so I figured maybe I can get one of the '15 Booker's I need out of it. If not, I'll drink it. Had a pour last night and was pretty happy, that Beam peanut funk was front and center.
Speaking Of "Peanut", My Wife Bought Me A Bottle Of "Skrewball" Peanut Butter Whiskey. "To The Misfits, Black Sheep And Skrewballs", On The Label. Fitting For Me.. Not Bad, If You Like, Peanut Butter! Anyone Tried It?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #2430
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Speaking Of "Peanut", My Wife Bought Me A Bottle Of "Skrewball" Peanut Butter Whiskey. "To The Misfits, Black Sheep And Skrewballs", On The Label. Fitting For Me.. Not Bad, If You Like, Peanut Butter! Anyone Tried It?
Not even on a bet, Greg.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #2431
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Last night I was fortunate enough to have a pour of GTS thanks to Mr. Stearns. Amazing how so many flavors can shine over the oak when it's been in the barrel 15+ years. Thank you Ben.

Later in the evening I craved some more. Nothing on the bar to outdo the GTS, so no need to try.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #2432
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It took a lot of courage but I did give it a try. Not as bad as I thought it would have been, but I wouldn't go as far to to call it decent or good straight. Mixed the raining with a little Dr. Pepper and it was a decent if interesting mixer but I will not seek it out to do it again.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #2433
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Some people really like Skrewball. To them I say you can have my portion

Did some work on an 11 year RR pick over the weekend, I've had some that felt a little thin but this one was on point, brown sugar deliciousness
Old 10-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #2434
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Not even on a bet, Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
It took a lot of courage but I did give it a try. Not as bad as I thought it would have been, but I wouldn't go as far to to call it decent or good straight. Mixed the raining with a little Dr. Pepper and it was a decent if interesting mixer but I will not seek it out to do it again.
Quote:

Did some work on an 11 year RR pick over the weekend, I've had some that felt a little thin but this one was on point, brown sugar deliciousness
It Kind Of Reminded Me Of Flavored Cigars! Not My Every Day Pour, For Sure!
Old 10-05-2020, 07:49 AM   #2435
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:

Which Bourbon Was This, Ben? Brown Sugar Sounds .
Old 10-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #2436
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Russell's Reserve, Greg, their SiB store picks get a lot of good press.

Cracked one of my Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919 spares last night. If I see one at retail on the shelves, I'll buy this one all day.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #2437
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Which Bourbon Was This, Ben? Brown Sugar Sounds .
I've had good ones and bad ones, this one was a good one

Old 10-09-2020, 07:19 AM   #2438
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Is Midwinter Nights Dram as good as everyone is claiming? Some MI bourbon threads I’m on have been going nuts about it the last few days as the new act just came out. Trying to decide if I should try and seek it out with the hefty price tag. PS anyone in SE MI have an idea where I can find a bottle of Stagg JR or Weller 12? Those are my two unicorn bottles I’m trying to get my hands on. Thanks
Old 10-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #2439
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Is Midwinter Nights Dram as good as everyone is claiming? Some MI bourbon threads I’m on have been going nuts about it the last few days as the new act just came out. Trying to decide if I should try and seek it out with the hefty price tag. PS anyone in SE MI have an idea where I can find a bottle of Stagg JR or Weller 12? Those are my two unicorn bottles I’m trying to get my hands on. Thanks
I'm a big fan of the Midwinter Nights Dram....going thru a bottle of Act7/Scene 4 now....I don't think you'll be disappointed
Old 10-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #2440
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Although the batches vary, I've liked all the MWND batches I have tried. I must have become a fan just after Keith, I'm working a Chapter 7 Scene 5.