Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
Chavez

Default Re: "V" Cutter vs regular straight cut

I've used a v cut on robusto and toro sized smokes and have been pleasantly surprised! I think the last one was on a Traviata, one my more favorite smokes on the market right now. Never thought about putting this cut on a torp. Gonna have to give it a try now though...

I think what I really like about a v cut is that is maintains the construction on the cap really well. I'm sure we have all had the pleasure of peeling of a ring or two from our cap as we smoke. Kind of a pain sometimes. Never had that problem with a v cut though...
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
txsmoke

I use my V cutter quite a bit!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #23
vzontini
Aspiring Cigar Geek

First Name: Vincent
Trading: (0)
vzontini is on a distinguished road

I also use the Xikar VX cutter quite a bit, though not on torpedos. I use the Palio on those. The VX cuts effortlessly. It is a great tool.

I'm an accessory junkie so I currently have the Xikar VX V-cutter, Xikar MX scissors, Xikar 007 punch, the Palio guillotine cutter, Drew Estate Bulletproof cutter, and more. I ordered Room 101 Limited 213 custom Xikar cutter with the skull motif but sent it back because the handles were poorly attached. Looking at the Xikar 3D Mayan as an alternative.

For general carry I usually go to the Xikar MX scissors because they fold up compactly and are functional for just about any cigar. But at home I use what works best with a particular cigar. I've found different tools work for different cigars or at least that is what I tell myself. LOL.
vzontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
CigarRod
CigarRod

First Name: Rod
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
CigarRod is on a distinguished road

I have a V cutter and a punch, and I prefer the punch. Reading all these I feel bad in saying that but hey is what it is, i always ffind myself sliding it a couple times because if i don't I get crap in my mouth. So i do it every now and then but just my limited experience.
CigarRod is offline   Reply With Quote