Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
mrreindeer

Default Cabo San Lucas.....

So, I'm being suckered into going to Cabo in April for a buddy's bachelor party.

I've never been to Cabo and was going to go last year for our vacation but the prices were STUPID and I decided I would forever boycott the town.

Freakin' movie stars & celebrities ruin the place, as far as I'm concerned.

The resort operators & airlines jack up the prices because it's so close to L.A. and all our wonderful celebrities who get suckered in (like I am) flock to the town and continue to pay the exorbitant prices. And frankly, I was sick of pricing out rooms last year and finding them at $800+. Totally ridiculous. For a freakin' no view room. Hell, I can get beachfront in Hermosa Beach (which I imagine is nicer) for $300, Newport Beach for $150. And I always thought Mexico was dirt cheap!

So now I'm being suckered into going to a town I know I'm gonna hate.

So, what's the big deal with Cabo anyway, huh?

We're staying at the RIU Santa Fe. Ever been? It's an all-inclusive resort, seems nice, right on the beach outside the town.

Anybody know any killer deals for booking a package to this joint? 3 nights with airfare from L.A. is coming up at $617. And they'll throw in airport transportation for free.

Anybody know any good, trustworthy cigar shops down there?

Any good, trustworthy, uh, establishments, uh, with nice ladies who may be interested in a career in dance?

I imagine since the resort is all-inclusive, we'll likely eat & drink ourselves silly and stay put, but are there any restaurants/bars/clubs you guys & gals might recommend?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabo San Lucas.....

Can't help ya on your post but I've always wanted to go to Cabo for the billfish fishery. Sand, Sun, women, beers and fishing...what more could a man ask for
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Can't help ya on your post but I've always wanted to go to Cabo for the billfish fishery. Sand, Sun, women, beers and fishing...what more could a man ask for
At the original price of $800 a night, maybe a reach-around? Or at least a kiss before you got _____ed!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
At the original price of $800 a night, maybe a reach-around? Or at least a kiss before you got _____ed!
seriously, no kiddin Tom
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Might be "touristy", David, but if I went to Cabo I would have to check out Sammy Hagar's club.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
mrreindeer

I definitely don't have a problem with checkin' that out.......hell, I can use my 'contact' & see if I can get beyond the line (if any). I went to high school w/ his son.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post

Anybody know any good, trustworthy cigar shops down there?
J & J Habanos and Hemingway's Cigars. Same owner, Hemingway's is LCDH. Stay far away from the rest.

Lot's of clubs and nightlife. Not my favorite place in Mexico for most of the reasons you mentioned, but I've still managed to enjoy myself when I've been there.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
mrreindeer

Excellent, thank you!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
Hardcz

What happens in Cabo stays in Cabo... unless you have to visit your doctor after =P
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
What happens in Cabo stays in Cabo... unless you have to visit your doctor after =P
Oh no.....I have a tendency to bring sh!t back with me...

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...l-contest.html
Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
mrreindeer

Anybody know any good dive operators?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
mrreindeer

Quote:
Anybody know any good dive operators?
yeah, I'd like to know too....
Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
mrreindeer

B-U-M-P

Lookin' for some good, uh, Gentlemens' Clubs...anybody know of any decent ones down there?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
Drat

Quote:
B-U-M-P

Lookin' for some good, uh, Gentlemens' Clubs...anybody know of any decent ones down there?
Wish I could help you with a recommendation, but all I can do is give you a warning (100% from experience):

Don't ask the taxi drivers where the best Gentlemens' Clubs are. They will ALWAYS take you to the place that their mom works at...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #15
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drat View Post
Don't ask the taxi drivers where the best Gentlemens' Clubs are. They will ALWAYS take you to the place that their mom works at...
Noted, thanks! And kinda figures. And kinda grossin' me out.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
mrreindeer

Headin' out today guys, can't wait....anybody else happen to be there this weekend? Thanks again for all your help!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
mrreindeer

Alrighty.....from what I remember ( ), we had a great trip. Cabo (my first time) is awesome. The Riu Santa Fe was EXCELLENT! rooms were very nice, multiple pools were awesome, all-inclusive drinks & food were quite good. I'd definitely go again.

We went off property for dinner one night & hit the Trailer Park. We were a little concerned about the location when the cab dropped us off but were very pleased. Great stuff, if a little pricey.

Cabo Wabo was a lot of fun and a couple of the other places.

We hit Mermaids & Placer's for a little T&A and they were decent.

I think the highlight of our trips to town were our stops at Hemmingway's for cigars & tequila (we went twice). Even the non-cigar smokers in our group enjoyed Hemmingway's. We all sipped on shots of Maestro tequila ($9) and it was amazing.

Great selection of CC's although RIDICULOUSLY pricey. I couldn't believe how much they were. A few and only a few were in the sub-$10 range. Most were $18 and up. Cohiba Siglo VI were like $23 a stick. While there, I had a Hoyo de Monterrey, a Bolivar & a Montecristo. They were all good but I wasn't blown away and thought that many NC's I've had have been just as good and less expensive. Maybe the CC's needed to be aged a little.

But it is Cabo where all prices are inflated unfortunately.

I look forward to the wedding in Aruba in early June when I'll get to see if CC's are any cheaper.

Thanks again guys for all your advice!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
Darrell

Quote:
They were all good but I wasn't blown away
Good, more for me.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
mrreindeer

Just kiddin bro, how the hell are 'ya Darrell and how was your trip!!??