Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Out of hospital now - BOTL's Please Read

I just got released from being in the hospital since Saturday. Apparently I collapsed while out celebrating with others for my daughters 21st birthday. Seems I have pneumonia, dehydration, arrhythmia and a few other things. What I want to touch on is the schooling I got on pneumonia.

It seems that the current variations of pneumonia bacteria are more potent and deadly than say 20 years ago. Over 20% of those that come down with pneumonia die from it - even with antibiotics. That's a lot brothers. I had no idea.

There is a vaccine. I had no clue that there was. According to the CDC anyone 65 or older and those that are at least 50 should be getting this vaccine.

I will be fine. I see my regular doctor in the morning and this gnash in my forehead (from passing out and hitting something) should heal in a few days. Even though I currently have pneumonia, I was given the injection which will last me 5 years and then I'll need another one.

But please - all of my BOTL's who are over 50, research it and please check with your doctors and see if this vaccine is right for you. Would not want to lose anyone to this if it could be prevented.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote