Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-08-2018, 03:29 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Falto Robusto

Back in 2010 I reviewed three Falto cigars and earlier this month I reviewed the Falto Lonsdale and the Falto Gran Reserva Especial Perfecto, now its time for the Falto Robusto. All the cigars are from the same, very generous, sampler that Luis Falto send me back in 2010 so we can say that these cigars are well aged by now.

The 5×50 Falto Robusto is made at La Aurora Cigars from Dominican filler and binder with a Sumatra wrapper grown in Ecuador. When the Falto was introduced it was as a small batch cigar, only 160 boxes of this blend would be produced on a yearly basis, I don’t know if the limitation is still in place and where these cigars are sold. I guess with a limited production like that they will all be sold at the cigar lounge Luis Falto owns in Puerto Rico

The wrapper is quite dark, like black coffee with a thin long vein running over it. The construction feels great and the cigar is nicely shaped with a beautiful head. The blue, yellow and golden ring is gorgeous, I just like the color combination, the sharpness, the clean design. The aroma is mild and reminds me of hay.

I cut the cigar and the cold draw is perfect. The flavor is of raw tobacco. After lighting I taste a nice, full, smooth coffee. After half an inch a perfectly balanced sugar sweet and lemon sour flavor takes over with coffee on the background. After a third I taste I taste herbs with some acidity. Halfway done wood shows up too. The flavors then change to a nice mild spice mix with some sweetness and a little pepper. Near the end the cigar gets more peppery and sweeter.

The draw is fantastic, the burn crisp and straight, the smoke medium thick and gray. The ash is white to light gray, dense and firm. This is a medium bodied and medium flavored cigar with a good evolution and a great balance. The smoke time is an hour and forty five minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a very pleasant first cigar of the day kind of stick.

Score: 90

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...falto-robusto/