Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
cigars_n_scotch

Question Do you like camping?

Title says it all. I'm curious to know how many BOTL's/SOTL's out there enjoy camping and what are the reasons you enjoy it?

My fiance and I love camping, it's one of the many things we share in common and are passionate about. We always tent camp. We love it because it's an escape from all of the hustle and bustle, a way to unplug from the grid, and an escape to solitude (unless we've gone with a group of friends). It's also about getting the chance to see the beauty of nature as you cannot see it in the cities and suburbs. We enjoy making camp, having a big campfire, eating smores, drinking some beers, playing baggo, and just relaxing. It's also a great chance for us to just talk.

Anyways, we just got back from a trip in the mountains of PA and I started thinking about what a good time we had and wished we were back there. We try to camp more often than we actually get out, but other hobbies (wakeboarding) get in the way. There's just not enough time to enjoy so many things!!!

I'll post a few pics after I upload them to photobucket.

I checked to include a poll and stated my # of choices but it only allows you 1 minute to make the poll so it didn't allow me to proceed.

Last edited by cigars_n_scotch; 10-16-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you like camping?

Love it. I prefer primitive camping, but the rest of the family likes to have their accommodations such as running water in the state parks.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Love it, tent camping! My wife tried camping in a tent camper and hated it..she loves the tent camping too. We usually goto a lake where we can camp and bring the boat, either that or primitive camping! Love to be by ourselves with the kids and dogs.
kgoings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

Only behind Klugs house
Clampdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
PitmanGeek

The family and I love camping... we far from "rough-it" though. We have a 27 ft. Travel Trailer with shower, microwave, etc.

We have a family blog of our camping outings at http://www.thetorrences.com/. We mainly stay in the PA, NJ and MD areas.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
petewho

Born into it...

My parents tell me my first camping trip was when I was five months old. After that I went every summer. It was always car camping with a tent or tent-trailer. Every summer till I turned 16, then I was working all summer and didn't go with them - switched to camping with friends instead. Got into backpacking at 18 but did only one trip (five days in the Sierras), then went back to car-camping because of girlfriends.

I got back into backpacking in my mid 20's, especially when I lived in Reno because I was so close to the Sierras. Since meeting my wife it's been back to car camping (although she has backpacked in the past). Our son is old enough now that we're comfortable taking him so I expect a lot more camping trips in our future.

I've never stayed in an RV but dream of owning a Sportsmobile.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
pakrat
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
pakrat is on a distinguished road

Luv camping, don't get to do it enough of it. Camping in the snow is really fun if you're geared up right.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

My idea of "roughing it" is a two-star hotel.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I love camping. My son and I go several times per year. It's usually coupled with fishing, but not always. We use a tent, but I did upgrade to a cot 2 years ago. I'm not cut out for sleeping on the ground anymore. I love camp cooking, and usually will make at least one "big" dinner cooking on the fire. I've made roasts, stews, soups; baked cakes; made fish stuffed with dirty rice and morels, etc. Digital photography has really opened up a new aspect of the outdoors for me too, since it doesn't cost anything to take lots of pictures, and then I can edit them back at home.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
doctorcue
BABOTL - VP of Drinking

First Name: Danny
Trading: (2)
VR
doctorcue is on a distinguished road

Love to camp! We usually do tent camping but I started off camping with my parents. They bought a 30ft Class-A RV and we would bounce from KOA to KOA all over the west coast.

Now the wife & I camp with a big group of friends. We don't rough-it per say but do stay in tents. That being said I'll admit I go way to the side of being a Pansy. Fat air mattress. Sleeping bags & blankets. In-tent heater. Lame I know. Yet it is all balanced. When I was in my underwear puking out of the tent from drinking at 30 degrees... I paid my price.
doctorcue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #11
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

My daughter and I love to backpack and canoe camp. My wife...let's just say she'll do it, but she prefers hotels or at least our pop-up camper.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #12
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Love it. Like primitive, don't mind pop-ups, RV has it's place. I'm ready to go anytime the mosquitoes aren't heavy.