Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Old School/Retro Gaming: What are You Playing?

You know what I miss...Mike Tyson's punch-out and Excite bike and Blades of Steel...all classics on the NES IMO. Wish I had a NES.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
You know what I miss...Mike Tyson's punch-out and Excite bike and Blades of Steel...all classics on the NES IMO. Wish I had a NES.
I'm fortunate enough to still have my original NES. It's cool that you can pick up most games for between 50 cents to $2.00 (although a few rare games go for up to $1,000). If you're interested, you can find one on E-Bay or Amazon for less than $50, or you can buy the dual NES/SNES system for around $50 too.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I'm still playing through SCARFACE and the GTA TRILOGY BOX SET for the original XBOX...does that count?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #24
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

I am still playing several games such as QBert and Zaxxon on my ColecoVision and Myst and Riven on an old Windows 95 machine.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I'm still playing through SCARFACE and the GTA TRILOGY BOX SET for the original XBOX...does that count?
Almost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I am still playing several games such as QBert and Zaxxon on my ColecoVision and Myst and Riven on an old Windows 95 machine.
Man, I SUCK at QBert.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
mariogolbee

I picked up a N64 a year or two ago. I never actually tested it and have misplaced it since. I just recently nabbed Goldeneye 007 and Starfox 64 for the N64 again, but haven't tested them because I can't find the console! I also picked up SFII for the SNS and SM3 with the box, inserts, and all, but don't have the consoles for them.

I just got the 3DS, which is pretty slick, and have been playing Starfox 64 on it. I played through once. The controls are not the same, but the graphics are beautiful, and they left the spirit of the game intact. It is a blast! Anyone have it so we can get in on some multiplayer? That was my favorite part of this game! I also garabbed ZeldaoT, but haven't cracked it open yet.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #27
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

How could I have forgotten 007! Classic...need to find more games for the 64
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I'm not big on rpg games, but Dragon Warrior always intrigued me a bit.
The first one isn't very involved as an RPG, you need to talk to people in the towns for hints for what to do next, but that's about it. And you don't have to worry about a large party of characters either.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #29
mariogolbee

Quote:
I hope Nintendo puts a slick, multiplayer, 3D version out for the 3DS. Then again, that's what I'd hoped for with the Wii.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
The first one isn't very involved as an RPG, you need to talk to people in the towns for hints for what to do next, but that's about it. And you don't have to worry about a large party of characters either.
I'm not much on the turn based gameplay, although I'm a big fan of Earthbound for the snes. I do love me some Zelda games, for those who consider that to be rpg.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I hope Nintendo puts a slick, multiplayer, 3D version out for the 3DS. Then again, that's what I'd hoped for with the Wii.
I've heard good things about the Wii Goldeneye, but I'm sure it's not even close to the original 64 version. I've still got the old one. I need to revisit it one day soon.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #32
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I picked up a N64 a year or two ago. I never actually tested it and have misplaced it since. I just recently nabbed Goldeneye 007 and Starfox 64 for the N64 again, but haven't tested them because I can't find the console! I also picked up SFII for the SNS and SM3 with the box, inserts, and all, but don't have the consoles for them.

I just got the 3DS, which is pretty slick, and have been playing Starfox 64 on it. I played through once. The controls are not the same, but the graphics are beautiful, and they left the spirit of the game intact. It is a blast! Anyone have it so we can get in on some multiplayer? That was my favorite part of this game! I also garabbed ZeldaoT, but haven't cracked it open yet.
Quote:
I would love to be playing some four player 007 Goldeneye on N64 right. One shot one kill with throwing knives. Bring it.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #33
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
I would love to be playing some four player 007 Goldeneye on N64 right. One shot one kill with throwing knives. Bring it.
How in the heck did I get that giant gaping mouthed smile in the middle of my post?

Throwing knives were great. So were explosives and the Magnum. My favorite was running in circles strafing. No game comes close to the strafing ability of this one.
Quote:
I've heard good things about the Wii Goldeneye, but I'm sure it's not even close to the original 64 version. I've still got the old one. I need to revisit it one day soon.
I played it for one night before selling my Wii. It was okay, but not the same game at all. Some of the same concepts are there, I guess. It's not the same without the N64 controller either.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #34
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Just bought Contra: Rebirth for WiiWare, and picked up 6 classic NES games at a flea market this weekend: Ice Hockey, Blades of Steel, Hogan's Alley, Captain Sky Hawk, Tiger Heli, and Rush'n Attack.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #35
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

ill challenge any person alive to a N64 007 GoldenEye deathmatch.. and i will put my money where my mouth is.. lol
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #36
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Sega Micro Machines

Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #37
danreeve
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (2)
danreeve has a spectacular aura aboutdanreeve has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Rush'n Attack.
awesome game, but damn hard
Old 10-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #38
Lonely Raven

Wow, Rush'n Attack. As a kid that game ate many of the quarters I dug up out of the couch.

This thread is good timing. I was just thinking about building myself a MAME machine as a winter project.

Right out of high school, I had three kick ass jobs. I worked sales/tech in a bike shop, clerk at a Laser Disc store (showing my age, right?), and managed a small arcade in the Chicago suburbs that got to "field test" Midway and Capcom games before they were public release.

Now, with the power of PCs and emulators, I can have 10,000 original, classic games on a laptop, and build a nice arcade grade USB joystick that will play them all!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #39
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I beat Contra Rebirth yesterday and picked up Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Virtual Console. I don't remember III being that hard. I haven't made it past level three yet.

Insert quote here.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #40
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by danreeve View Post
awesome game, but damn hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Wow, Rush'n Attack. As a kid that game ate many of the quarters I dug up out of the couch.

This thread is good timing. I was just thinking about building myself a MAME machine as a winter project.

Right out of high school, I had three kick ass jobs. I worked sales/tech in a bike shop, clerk at a Laser Disc store (showing my age, right?), and managed a small arcade in the Chicago suburbs that got to "field test" Midway and Capcom games before they were public release.

Now, with the power of PCs and emulators, I can have 10,000 original, classic games on a laptop, and build a nice arcade grade USB joystick that will play them all!
There's a new Rush n Attack on the PSN and XBOXLive. It's nothing like the original but it's a pretty fun game. The new one is still a sidescroller.

Insert quote here.