Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough
Default Comment/Question About Cigar Reviews

I've noted that many of the positive cigar reviews "over there," and now here on CA, seem to be largely skewed towards the stronger/full bodied cigars. The mild/medium cigars seem to receive a poorer opinion. I think this somewhat discredits what may be an otherwise excellent cigar that simply does not meet your personal taste profile. For example some of us may think a 5 Vegas Gold is weak and tasteless, whereas others of us may like this very much. Conversely, some of us may think a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is like smoking rocket fuel, where others of us may think it's just about perfect.

May I respectfully suggest that reviews be more expansive in describing the objective aspects of the construction, draw, and taste profile of the cigar; but that the subjective "good/bad/ugly" personal opinions be minimized?

I wonder if perhaps some of the more experienced smokers & reviewers could come up with a "review template" that we all try to use here, which may in time lend itself to some sort of cigar review database?

Thanks for your consideration.