Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
jaymz
God of Preservation

Trading: (17)
Cohiba
jaymz will become famous soon enough
Default Cremosa Cubana

From the Cigars Intl description:
Quote:
Handmade with Dominican long-fillers and a chestnut-brown, oily Sumatra wrapper, Cremosa Cubana offers a medium-bodied flavor with a slow and even burn

For all the disrespect that these cigars get, I was surprised at how well constructed it was. The wrapper looked fine, maybe a water mark or two. The label was kind of chintsy, off center printing.

After a quick clip with the palio, and first light with the colibri. The wrapper split a little above the cut, but it didn't seem to cause any kind of draw issue.

Pretty straight burn all the way through. Just before this picture, it was a little crooked - but quickly self corrected.

Pretty good volume of smoke all the way through. Tossed it soon after this last pic was taken.

Now for the flavour. I have to admit this wasn't the worst stogie I've ever tasted. I'm not sure exactly what stick that was (some type of Thomson), but this was very reminiscent. From the beginning there was a faint almost stale, musky taste with a hint of copper aftertaste. The stale taste never left or really developed into anything else, but the metallic flavour increased until it was pretty overpowering. Where this cigar really shines however, is the headache that it produced throughout. I actually had to walk to the coffee shop to get the taste out of my mouth.

I also made the huge mistake of accidentally smoking a decent portion of it inside my house. I didn't really notice how bad it smelled until I got back from the coffee shop and walked inside. The lampe berger that I recently purchased is refusing to light in protest. So I have lit two candles to help with the smell.

Summary:

Appearance = 6
Construction = 7
Flavor = 2
Value = 2

Couldn't think of a better cigar to suffer through for my first CA review
jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote