Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #2521
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

I think I was up to like 194 this morning. I knew it was coming. Every single time I change my medication regimen I put on weight. Means nothing, it'll be right back to normal soon. Either that or I'll balloon to 220 and start all over again.
I see the doc in about 5 weeks, so I'm not gonna get the least bit excited until I know what he's going to do with me. Then I can work around his plan.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #2522
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked. Physical Therapy starts the 17th. After the eval, I'm hoping I can get right to the gym. I should put on some serious weight at that point.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #2523
maconusmile

Thanks for the prayers, and good luck to all of you as well. My wife was cleared by the doctor today for her diet and she received her first week supply of meal replacements but she is going to wait and start when I do. I go see my endocrinologist this Friday to get his blessing. Once I get his permission then I just have to be cleared by the Doctor that oversees this diet and hope to be going on the 16th of this month

In the meantime we have been trying to cut carbs substituting 1 meal a day with Atkins shakes and eating higher protein/ low carb foods. I have not had 1 potato chip in two weeks (one of my favorite things to eat) We started doing P90 X kempo... rough getting out of bed the last few days because our muscles are so sore!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #2524
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconusmile View Post
) We started doing P90 X kempo... rough getting out of bed the last few days because our muscles are so sore!
Are you doing any type of recovery drink after the workouts? Look into a simple mix of protein powder or even a glass of chocolate milk. It does wonders for lessening the soreness.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #2525
maconusmile

never really gave it any of thought.. We have been drinking mainly water and tea. It has been years since I have done any real workouts like this, but we will definatly take the protein into consideration. Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #2526
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Some form of recovery drink really does help, or even eating a protein heavy meal within 60 minutes of ending the workout. It's during that time when the body is screaming for nutrients to replenish what you worked off and start repairing the muscles. Moreso when weight lifting, but I find it helps with cardio workouts too.

Look at Optimum Nutrition brand protein powders. Some of the best on the market and very low in carbs per serving, plus they taste good. I've had a couple different chocolates and now the strawberry. The strawberry is good, but too sweet for my tastes. Tom (Icehog3) mentioned in another thread he likes the cookies & cream the best. That'll be my next purchase. Just mix a scoop with 12-16 oz of water and drink.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #2527
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

ok guys...fell off the train for a while but as of last week started up again.

From my lowest weight I only peaked up to 211 so I think I only gained about 6 or so pounds in a few months. Not bad considering I Was doing no running etc. I guess I did train my body to eat better.

I plan on going down to 195 finally. I want to be sub 200 for the first time since 1998. I was down to 205 yesterday(started at 211 early last week). Had a bit of an overboard cheat day yesterday and weighed in at 207 this morning...

Now I'm off to the gym. I hope to be updating more often now. See you guys around!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #2528
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Good luck Eddie.

I've seemed to kick my system back in gear again. Was hovering around the 187-189 mark for a bit, which I was fine with. Now all of a sudden, even after a week and a half of not working out, I'm down to 184.

Went suit shopping over the weekend. Totally surprised I fit into a 40 slim. I like the nice fitted look of the jacket. Can't wait to pick them up from being tailored so I can really try them on.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #2529
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Stuck at 193. If you stuck a fork in me I'd pop. The new meds will take time to iron out, for sure. I've been eating very lightly, rabbit food mostly. I'm very backed up, though. Plus I'm holding a lot of water despite the fact that one of my meds doubles as a diuretic (I drink umpteen 30oz. glasses of water a day to counteract that).
I started PT yesterday and did my exercises last night. They take quite awhile. Next Wednesday she'll give me a routine for the gym to add to the current regimen.
I was in bad shape yesterday morning, much, much more comfortable with my muscles today. The exercises really straightened out some chronic areas.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #2530
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Damn Scott, I can't imagine what you go through every day. But good to hear the exercises have helped.

Officially I"m still at 184.0 as of my weigh in this morning. I had dipped down to 182 yesterday. I think the body has a weird way of keeping too much weight loss in check. Like it's sensing a lean time, so it holds onto whatever's taken in even though it might not be necessary. Still, I"m not fretting it as I'm around where I wanted to be.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #2531
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I think you're absolutely right, Bob. It is SO important that I stop and eat or I don't lose weight at all, despite what I do. By the same token, I can continue to eat at the same rate and don't gain. It certainly has nothing to do with what I'm doing.
The new meds really had me eating everything in sight, craving junk food and just constantly hungry. I simply oblged it and put on a few pounds. That's already leveled out and I'm back to eating right, for the most part. I'm sure that'll normalize even more in the next week or so.

I'm very much looking forward to getting to the gym. I'm having a real hard time justifying the time all this is going to take because there are a million other things I'd rather do. But I usually don't do them cause I'm so cobbed up. I think this is going to open up a whole new era where I can hit the gym and get my work done with a minimum of couch after a couple weeks.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #2532
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Being sick helps with losing weight. What goes in, comes out. LOL. I ate horrible yesterday, and still lost 2 lbs., more or less.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #2533
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas

This morning I was at 200.2 I am already at a weight I havent seen since High School but I want to see a 1 in the front of that three digit #. Hopefully I will see it by friday! Cause Saturday it is Stogies and Stout at the Dunedin brewery and my body is in for a beating! LOL♠
Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #2534
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

You can do it Eddie.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #2535
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado View Post
This morning I was at 200.2 I am already at a weight I havent seen since High School but I want to see a 1 in the front of that three digit #. Hopefully I will see it by friday! Cause Saturday it is Stogies and Stout at the Dunedin brewery and my body is in for a beating! LOL♠
Nice, Eddie!

On the flip side, after hitting 201.3 last Wednesday/Thursday(?)....I have started to go the other way... I have to assume it is = muscle + water & just a bad day on the scale...

Was thinking I'd have my first 1XX this morning(first time I have weighed since then) and looked directly at a 205.0. No big deal, but disappointing all the same...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #2536
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Weigh in today. Lost another 1.2 lbs.

gained it back tonight....did NOT eat well.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #2537
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

193.2 this morning and finally moving in the right direction.
I'll stop for lunch today and make sure I get at least a gallon of water in me.
Things have ironed out such that I can stop with the junk food and pay closer attention to what I'm eating. Tomorrow I get a list of exercises to do on the machines at PT and I'll start at the gym asap. I'll have to see how I respond to a double dose of exercises and go from there.
Good news is that I've been putting in a good day's work around here and my body is doing a good job of keeping up with what I want to do. I wear it out daily, but I'm recovering overnight. I can't ask for much better than that.
Losing another 10 or 15 pounds would definately help, but it'll be tough to do as all this changes to muscle. I've got plenty of time and tons of motivation and stubborness, so it'll go great.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #2538
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Partagas

199.6 this am...prior to the usual morning "weightloss" of a pound or so! HAHAHAHA

I'm loving it! Once I hit 195 it's weights baby! I want to get OVER 200 with a lower body fat%
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #2539
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Congratulations, Eddie!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #2540
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote from Jan 7th 2012 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Well, I'm jumping on board....the stories I have been reading on the Health and Fitness section of this forum are inspiring.

Heading back to the Caribbean in the Spring and figured that I better get in better beach shape than I was in last year. I weighed in at 222('bout what I was in the picture you are seeing) at the first of the year and would like to get back to 200(weight I was when I graduated HS 24 years ago) by the time I head South. Way I look at it, it is about a pound a year....

Though I have always tried to get to the gym in the colder months and I ride bikes a lot in the warmer months, I have never really watched what I eat. That is relative, I like to think I know what I am putting in my body...but portions have never meant a thing to me. I am not one to eat dessert, but I'll eat 3 plate loads of whatever is for dinner, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have started to count calories and have been religious at the gym.....we'll see where we end up..... It is written down for all to see, with a pic as well.... Here's hoping that I look better than this in 2.5ish months.....
Today -

It has been well over 20 years since I have seen the 100's.... Could be back over 200 tomorrow, but this put a smile on my face....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote