Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #181
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethegoalie32 View Post
My dad once recorded a full semi final game with the lens cap on...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #182
mikethegoalie32

thank god we lost and I didnt wanna watch it again lol
Old 12-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #183
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Anyone ever seen "The Tournament"? I swear we have moments like those all the time...Parents who are like some of those in the series, situations, etc etc. I think I need to rewatch em again!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #184
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post

Come on Mike! That would have been SWEET!
Your telling me I was sitting there and all ofa sudden as he puts the puck on the ice I think SHIZ. I grab my phone, but to slow. I was actually really disapointed. Now I got to hope he gets another this year.

Scott the league here has a ton of policies, but not sure if any are actually enforced.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #185
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Friggin stupid. They make all kids play goal at this age atleast once. This week its Micahs turn. Practice was ugly to put it nicely. . Hes a screen door. Its going to be the same as last year. By the end of the game he will be frustrated, upset, and not want to play goalie.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #186
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Friggin stupid. They make all kids play goal at this age atleast once. This week its Micahs turn. Practice was ugly to put it nicely. . Hes a screen door. Its going to be the same as last year. By the end of the game he will be frustrated, upset, and not want to play goalie.
Think they are hoping a few of them get the bug to play between the pipes... I know they just enacted a rule here for 2011 that if your HS team has more than 2 goalies, you have to make one available to be poached by teams without one....or something to that effect. I just went looking for it and cannot find it....
Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #187
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

ARRRGGUUUUHHH...... Ordered the LM's skates online on Friday morning after my B&M shop was told by Graf Canada 5-6 weeks. I have heard HORROR STORIES about waits from Graf Canada and didn't want to be sitting around in March pissed off without skates, so online I went....

I decided that I didn't want the different graphics of the LE skates(I found these online a bit ago), so contacted Hockeymonkey, told they didn't have an 11W. Contact Totalhockey.com and they have them instock and ready to ship same day.

So what happens, my order is still not "processed", even though I was led to believe it would ship same day, then assured yesterday it will "be pulled and go out today"...

It is not so much it not shipping Friday or Monday, but why do I have the feeling that I am going to get the dreaded "backordered" email, even though I have been assured the skates are(were) in stock....

So I call Totalhockey.com and am informed "Oh, we don't have those in stock anymore, we can send you the 11R's" WTF would I want the 11R's if I ordered the 11W's....think I just like the W on the box? Second, I am not so worried about you not having the skates, just tell me that to start..... Like Lt. Vincent Hanna said.... "DON'T WASTE MY MOTHER &^%*@%$ TIME!"

So I call General Sports in MN and then decide that I will call Hockeymonkey(I emailed the first time)....and what do you know, they have them..... Skates should be on their way today....

May that was a round about way of tracking down some skates....
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #188
mikethegoalie32

It will be worth every minute of time you spent!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #189
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Yea, he has been very happy with his last 2 pair of G Series skates, I am sure it will all be worth it....a smooth transition.

Now the uncomfortable walk of shame, when I take them in to be sharpened and baked at my skate shop....
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #190
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Well I grabbed 2 of the 5k youth sticks for micah as the price was awesome. Hope total hockey doesnt pull any crap.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #191
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well I grabbed 2 of the 5k youth sticks for micah as the price was awesome. Hope total hockey doesnt pull any crap.

I got that email too.

We haven't ordered online, but we have been to their stores in Chicago and St. Louis and have been very happy with the product and prices.

Hope all goes well.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #192
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I got that email too.

We haven't ordered online, but we have been to their stores in Chicago and St. Louis and have been very happy with the product and prices.

Hope all goes well.
What'd I miss? I didn't get any stinkin' email from HM....

Man I was all over the place with the camera tonight... Took A LOT of photos and seemed to be missing everything.... Case in point, great shot of a goal(abit very noisey)....just don't have the shooter....

Old 12-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #193
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

EJ go to total hockeys site and type in 5k in the search. They have awesome prices on the sticks right now and free shipping for over 75.00 No tax for me.
I grabbed two of the 5k youth sticks at 29 each grabbed so little things to hit 75.00 Way cheaper then buying his sticks local and I got some little things I needed.

Also dont know if these will fit your daughter but youth size 12 reebok azure roller hockey skates for 64.99 with 3.99 shipping.
Only one pair left. I just bought the size 11s for Micah so they are gone from the site. These are a good skate and use the tri d system which mimics ice more as only the front or rear wheel and middle wheel are on the ground at any time. not a flat chasis where all wheels are on the floor. The new reebok 1k ones are 109
http://www.sportsfanoutlet.com/hocke...lack-blue.html

Last edited by Ahbroody; 12-16-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #194
mikethegoalie32

Quote:
EJ go to total hockeys site and type in 5k in the search. They have awesome prices on the sticks right now and free shipping for over 75.00 No tax for me.
I grabbed two of the 5k youth sticks at 29 each grabbed so little things to hit 75.00 Way cheaper then buying his sticks local and I got some little things I needed.

Also dont know if these will fit your daughter but youth size 12 reebok azure roller hockey skates for 64.99 with 3.99 shipping.
Only one pair left. I just bought the size 11s for Micah so they are gone from the site. These are a good skate and use the tri d system which mimics ice more as only the front or rear wheel and middle wheel are on the ground at any time. not a flat chasis where all wheels are on the floor. The new reebok 1k ones are 109
http://www.sportsfanoutlet.com/hocke...lack-blue.html
I have a pair of rocker roller blades and they are fantastic. So much more like skates...
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #195
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

I traded a fake rolex tonight for a Easton 70flex shaft and blade...

I love the barter system!

My kid now has a stick waiting for him at the end of this year or beginning of next

Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #196
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Got these thr other day. 10inch so a little big for micah but he will use them soon enough.

Monkey has other eagle 10inch for 19.99
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/eagle-hockey-glove-x3.html
Old 12-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #197
ahc4353

I have often thought about the title of this thread. As I sit in the local pub waiting for Alina to return from Penn State with Jr for the holidays and Mitch off to the city to see the GF I think back to the past 18 or so years. The vacations missed, money spent, friends made, family time spent to and from rinks all over this country and others and the memories of it all. This game of ours has taught my sons more about life, sacrifice, respect, honor, code, discipline, work ethic and the like more than I could in a life time.

For that, I'm thankful to be a hockey parent.

Enjoy the time, it goes by way to fast. Trust me.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #198
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
I have often thought about the title of this thread. As I sit in the local pub waiting for Alina to return from Penn State with Jr for the holidays and Mitch off to the city to see the GF I think back to the past 18 or so years. The vacations missed, money spent, friends made, family time spent to and from rinks all over this country and others and the memories of it all. This game of ours has taught my sons more about life, sacrifice, respect, honor, code, discipline, work ethic and the like more than I could in a life time.

For that, I'm thankful to be a hockey parent.

Enjoy the time, it goes by way to fast. Trust me.
........Well put Al....and I am trying to enjoy/absorb every bit of it.... May even try to coach the Little One....as my competitive nature seems to be subdued with her(is that sexist)
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #199
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Mike, the Little Man wore X3's....... They were his first Eagle gloves... Still disappointed that he has TPS gloves on his hands right now.....

Skates arrived today.... Baked and will start to skate in them over the holiday and play in them first game after the New Year.....

Oh...and I already was informed that the Orange laces are being switched over....
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #200
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I like the white ones . Look like micahs 370.

Micah played goalie today

Two games. 1st game 3-3 tie. Second game they won 8-7. Looked bad in the beginning the other team jumped out to a 5-1 lead. Was proud of our boys they kept plugging away.