Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #21
Red

Default Re: ion breeze / air purifier

awesome ...thanks for that info there!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #22
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
I spent alot of time researching this when I started smoking in my car and apartment. After knocking number around, I went commecial grade. Works like a charm.
It should be noted that an ionizer this strong isn't meant for using while you're in the roo.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #23
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
I spent alot of time researching this when I started smoking in my car and apartment. After knocking number around, I went commecial grade. Works like a charm.
Took a look at those, nice quality, for an ozone generator, those sure do look nicer than some of the other junk I've seen... But a question, does you unit do ION also, or only ozone? For odor control, you'd want the ozone (saved my ass on more than on occasion!), but I'd guess if your primary goal is just gettin it out of the air quick, you'd want a unit that adds ION as well, even if the ozone is a bit weaker and lower grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
It should be noted that an ionizer this strong isn't meant for using while you're in the roo.
pretty sure if I'm reading that right, there is no ionizer at all in those units. But yeah, you are absolutely right, if you crank the ozone, you won't want to be there. Don't worry, your body will tell you, you'll get a mild headache, then you know to leave or turn it down, haha.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #24
Red

Quote:
really..will yah die LOL ??

good info here, i got some research to do..who knows..maybe ill get the good ol fashion smoke eater
its a garage so odor really dosent matter, i just want to not sit in a cloud of smoke for hours on end and inhale that much smoke...
Old 10-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #25
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
really..will yah die LOL ??
Nah, just a headache. Its safe to use em on low 24/7 in your house to control odor with ozone. Turn em up if you have a bigger job (but leave the area). Kinda cool actually, you can hold a rag soaked in windex or amonia in front of it for 10-30 seconds and then smell the rag - nothing but water left!

Make sure it's got an activated ionizer or it wont cut the actual smoke out of the air. be careful of the word "ion", the $30 sharper image ones say "ion" too, and well, NO. haha.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #26
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Here's a link to the US EPA's info on ozone air cleaners:

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #27
Red

Quote:
Here's a link to the US EPA's info on ozone air cleaners:

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html
thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #28
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

I can vouch for Klipsch on his machine. Only needs to run while smoking, cleans everything out.
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #29
nozero

Thumbs down Re: ion breeze / air purifier

Coincidentally, I was looking into these this last Monday. Found some information, though mostly negative in the links here http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...nic+breeze+%3F
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #30
klipsch

All...I've been using this machine at varied levels while in the room, out of the room and anything in between. The output is variable. If I have company or smoke two cigars in an evening instead of my typical one...I'll set the unit on a low level output and let it run overnight for 6-8 hours while I sleep. I don't mean to come across as an ass...but all the articles and manufacturer mumble jumble doesn't equate to personal experience. The unit I'm using works so well...that one of the local B&M's bought the same one after trying mine for one night. Though I personally would have recommended something with higher output for the store. The key is Variable Output. You can even rent it to neighbors to eliminate odor problems they may have. Detail shops typically charge an average of $40 to ozone your car.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Walt, you are an ass, who are you kidding!
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #32
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
Walt, you are an ass, who are you kidding!
I was actually going to refer to you to testify that it's difficult for me to not come across like an ass...

But this thread is about the Ion Breeze...not a commercial unit. I'll shut up.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was actually going to refer to you to testify that it's difficult for me to not come across like an ass...

But this thread is about the Ion Breeze...not a commercial unit. I'll shut up.
I have actually gotten a lot of ideas from your input, Walt, and possibly Chad has too...please don't "shut up"

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #34
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have actually gotten a lot of ideas from your input, Walt, and possibly Chad has too...please don't "shut up"

A healthy back and forth discussion can be very illuminating
Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #35
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
yes , lots of good ideas in here a few things to consider before making a decision
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #36
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

I'll throw one last tidbit of info in before shutting up

you can REMOVE the ozone "plate" from one of those machines, and then it will only produce the ions and run the air through the physical filter.

(Ozone is generated with a plate that basically arcs electricity from one side to the other - take it out, nothing gets made)
Old 10-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #37
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
I'll throw one last tidbit of info in before shutting up

you can REMOVE the ozone "plate" from one of those machines, and then it will only produce the ions and run the air through the physical filter.

(Ozone is generated with a plate that basically arcs electricity from one side to the other - take it out, nothing gets made)
so that should eat up the smoke in the room ? but not create ozone ?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
so that should eat up the smoke in the room ? but not create ozone ?
Exactly.
The ions will make the smoke drop out of the air to the floor. It will still smell of smoke, its just "moving" it to the floor and any other surface nearby.

Bear in mind its not a miracle worker, it should, depending on how things are setup, keep the smoke at a reasonable level (keep it from getting overbearing). It's not like you are going to flick a switch and suddenly be "in the clear"... that would require a few thousand bucks on a commercial air handling unit. But for a couple hundred, it should get the job done and will save you the hassle of changing filters. I've used them in the past for just that purpose.

I'll add a slight individual results may vary disclaimer that there are A LOT of different options at there, as you have seen. The particular machine I had did the trick. They are all, more or less, the same thing... so theoretical they ALL should "do the trick"... but *shrug* there's always that element of unknown
Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #39
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Exactly.
The ions will make the smoke drop out of the air to the floor. It will still smell of smoke, its just "moving" it to the floor and any other surface nearby.

B
sounds great! thanks for your help with this one. I know it is not going to make the room perfect and magically erase all the smoke! hell if i wanted that i would switch to a new hobby like building bird house's (no offense to those of you who do !) LOL!
but just a little help to clear the air up a little bit and keep things breathable is really all i need

More than likely i will give this thing a whirl..and if it dosent work im sure one of the suckers here on CA will buy it off me HAHAH jk
Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #40
klipsch

Quote:
sounds great! thanks for your help with this one. I know it is not going to make the room perfect and magically erase all the smoke! hell if i wanted that i would switch to a new hobby like building bird house's (no offense to those of you who do !) LOL!
but just a little help to clear the air up a little bit and keep things breathable is really all i need

More than likely i will give this thing a whirl..and if it dosent work im sure one of the suckers here on CA will buy it off me HAHAH jk
Actually...the unit I referenced does perform like magic.