Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
robertw1249

Default Re: B&M sticker shock

im still new at cigars but would not pay that kind of money for three cigars like that i just think to my self how many boxes of lower priced cigars i can get for that much its just insane
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

It's kinda like paying $7.00 for a coke at a ball game.......out-freakin-rageous, but if someone will pay it, then sell it.

-
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #23
No1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliofire View Post
First of all I am not going to name names. So I went into a B&M I had not been into before today and nearly had a heart attack when I saw how much this guy was charging for the 3 cigar robusto and perfection Opus X tins. So back in December I saw these tins both in GA and OH at B&M I go to regularly and both were priced about $50 for the robustos and $55-60 for the perfection. So the B&M I went into today was charging $149.95(no really) for the robustos and 169.95 for the perfections. I can't believe he was charging that for the 3 cigar tins. So when he asked me if I wanted to buy them I just said not for over $100.00 above MSRP and left his store. What's sad is some poor guy who does not know much will end up buying them and continue to foster this guys business.
Wow, just wow. I'm at a loss for words.

I guess some people just care more about showing off then enjoying a cigar and they will pay that price (insane though it is).

I think that the way things are these days with the easy access to the internet, those who care about value will get a good deal and those who have money to burn will burn it without thinking twice.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
JKim

Kipp... Scottish Tobacco on Sydney Marcus? They're Opus prices are friggin ridiculous.. I think the last time I was there.. been over a year.. he wanted $44 for a Casa Fuente Robusto single...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
rsamos

A buck fiddy for the FFOX Robusto tin?

Are they on crack or something?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #26
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No I live in Atlanta. Now they might be the only shop that still has them and you can guess why.
that is what I meant, that they are the only shop that "still has them"
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

A friend of mine actually thinks this the right price for Opus X cigars, actually more than that. Just last month he was arguing with me that Padron 80th are $80 per cigar, wouldn't believe me they are $30 per, at most. As someone mentioned already, for some out there it is the point of showing off the price, they rarely discuss the flavor and such, simply the price point. I don't get it.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #28
FriskyDingo
hoosierherfers.com

First Name: Evan
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
FriskyDingo is on a distinguished road

There's a B&M locally here that sells the Fuente Fuente Opus X "A" for $80!!!! A single coffin for $80!
The other shop I go to sells them for $25 a piece. They have a limit of 1 per day. The other shop doesn't care how many you buy at their price!

-= http://www.hoosierherfers.com =-
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #29
Heliofire
Ward Photographer

Trading: (14)
Bolivar
Heliofire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim View Post
Kipp... Scottish Tobacco on Sydney Marcus? They're Opus prices are friggin ridiculous.. I think the last time I was there.. been over a year.. he wanted $44 for a Casa Fuente Robusto single...
Like I said I was not going to name names but if Ji wants to that's ok.
Heliofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
JKim

LOL.. that's the only shop in town that I know gouges like that. I've talked to the owner a few times. He's got no shame. :]. The rest of his stock was reasonably priced I think. There were a couple things if you dig around.. Some really old stuff that can be a decent find.

I've sworn his shop off though because of the prices on the Fuente stuff. I think he does alright though because he stocks or sells the cigars for the Lotus Lounge. Not sure if they're even open anymore. Never been there.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #31
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Well now I know why he still has Sharks in stock at the end of January. That's just ridiculous.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
Heliofire
Ward Photographer

Trading: (14)
Bolivar
Heliofire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Well now I know why he still has Sharks in stock at the end of January. That's just ridiculous.
True but compared to the Opus that price for the Sharks seems reasonable.
Heliofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
barbourjay

Quote:
True but compared to the Opus that price for the Sharks seems reasonable.
well it's crazy to think that they would allow pricing like this even after making threats but the reality is that it keeps their stuff rare and keeps it i high demand. they don't care. a local shop always calls me when they get theirs in and their prices are outrageous considering there are 7-8 other shops within walking distance who are sometimes almost half the price. they wanted 21.95 for a super belicoso and 17.95 for a xXx and 15.95 for a #5. that's triple their cost. i can understand wanting to make a profit but it's just downright moronic for people in my area to pay that kinda $ for them.

crazy thing is that two years ago they were one of the cheapest in the area.