Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (3)
Vigiles is on a distinguished road
Default Playa Del Carmen, Cigar spots

Soo, a few friends and I are going to PDC in april of this year. Besides scoping out a place to find a few...special...cigars, I'm looking for a few places to smoke my own sticks from home.

I'm pretty much going to be smoking from sunrise to when I go to bed, so I need to know where I can and cannot smoke in PDC. I just saw the LCDH in cozumel and it looks amazing, so I'm sure I'll spend a day or two there as well.

Any advice, tips, etc would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Vigiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
mpd340

Default Re: Playa Del Carmen, Cigar spots

Ive been to Cozumel a couple of times. It seems to me that Mexico's smoking laws are a hell of lot more relaxed then ours. I smoked several cigars at the resort's we stayed at right at the bar. I will say though the best cigar and view we had was on the beach right at sunset. I've never been to PDC, but Cozumel had several nice shops that had a pretty good selection of cigars. The only problem with Mexico is you never know what your gonna get when buying from some of the shops. Everyone in Mexico trys to sell you "Real" Cubans. I will say though some of the Mexican cigars aren't bad and prices were pretty good. Be safe and have fun!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd340 View Post
I will say though the best cigar and view we had was on the beach right at sunset.
Spent a week in Kauai a year ago last November... Did that every evening/night.... There is something special about watching the sun go into the ocean, while enjoying a good cigar and better company.....

Taking the wife and kids to Cancun in a bit and have plans for a repeat performance....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

It seems that there is a LCDH in playa as well?

The last time I was in Mexico was the first time I smoked a cigar, but I only smoked one or two that week. This will be a different story...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
JDTexan
College Football Fanatic

First Name: Justin
JL
JDTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigiles View Post
It seems that there is a LCDH in playa as well?

The last time I was in Mexico was the first time I smoked a cigar, but I only smoked one or two that week. This will be a different story...
When buying cigars in Mexico, ONLY buy from an LCDH. The LCDH Cozumel is a very nice one according to friends and I am sure the one in PDC is nice as well. Enjoy your vacation!
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan View Post
When buying cigars in Mexico, ONLY buy from an LCDH. The LCDH Cozumel is a very nice one according to friends and I am sure the one in PDC is nice as well. Enjoy your vacation!
That is the plan! I think i could pick out a fake, but why take the risk? Plus, the LCDH shops look like they are awesome.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
mpd340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigiles View Post
That is the plan! I think i could pick out a fake, but why take the risk? Plus, the LCDH shops look like they are awesome.
Just do a little research on the internet about spotting fake cubans. There are several websites that will tell you what to look for on the bands along with some very sneaky anti-counterfeit marks they use. Ill try to find the website I found that even showed pictures of all the counterfeit bands that had been found in Mexico. We had planned on going to Cozumel this summer, but my wife and some of the friends that are going have decided to skip it this year with all the drug violence, along with the fact some of the people going are not allowed to travel to Mexico at this time due to their employment.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I have been to Cozumel many a time, the last time 2 months ago. It has been my experience that 90% of the CCs on the island are fake. Your best bet is LCHD. Smoking is vary lax, most hotels ask not to smoke in the rooms. Just check with the hotel you are staying at for clarification!!! Enjoy your trip!