Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Tat Boris

So its been about a week or two since i've had a cigar. As some of you know i recently bought a new laptop. So i'm now able to smoke a cigar, talk on skype watch a movie and play poker all at the same time .

So i decided to finally pull one of these puppies out. I had picked up 2 (due to the limit per customer at the local B&M) then picked up a 3rd and the last one they had when the owner wasn't in . Sadly, i was only able to get ahold of 3 of them which i thought would be enough but after smoking this... hah if i could i'd stock my entire vino with these things.

The first 1/3 was really mellow. Mostly leathery tones with slight pepper undertones. The smoke is extremely thick and just billows out of your mouth. It ashed itself (thankfully not on me) at about 1" into it.

About 2/3 in it really started to pick up. The leather started to subside to the pepper but not a real strong in your face pepper like say... the DPG CC. I'm sitting here wondering if this cigar can get any better and if so... i refuse to believe it.

Starting off the last 2 1/2 inches or so on this cigar the white pepper is really taking over. I haven't had to purge or fix the burn once on this cigar and the draw has been perfect in my book. A quick puff through the nose leaves me with nothing but white pepper taste. It's leaving a leathery after taste. Its starting to take on what seems like a creamy undertone which complements the white pepper flawlessly.

The finish of this cigar is still white pepper and the cream traded places with spices. This will/is the first cigar in a long time i will/have nubbed.

This cigar makes me appreciate the fact that this cigar had very little hype around it compared to the drac. If this cigar was hyped as much as the drac was i'd view this as a meh... waste of money. When cigars get that much hype i feel as though they are/should be the best thing in the world.

Final score on this cigar: 9/10
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
BradNC
Formerly BradSacramento

First Name: Brad
Trading: (9)
BradNC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tat Boris

Wow, great review. I REALLY didn't need to read this since I've yet to get my hands on one.
BradNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Ryan...thans for sharing!!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
which i thought would be enough but after smoking this... hah if i could i'd stock my entire vino with these things.
couldnt agree more here. nice review, these things are damn tasty

stearns
Old 11-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

I had to sit and listen to this review 'live' .....

Talk about brutal..
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
tsimonitis

Great review. Got one sitting in the humi now. How do you think it will be with a little more rest? Is more rest needed?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

they're spot on right now

stearns
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
BrandonJ

Thank you for the review, I really enjoyed this stick as well. I can only image what a few years will do to this monster out of costume!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

[quote=tsimonitis;661079]Great review. Got one sitting in the humi now. How do you think it will be with a little more rest? Is more rest needed?[/QUOTE

More rest is definitely not needed. They are smoking AWESOME right now. I learned my lesson with NC's when i bought a box of PAN64's and let about 1/2 of em rest for almost 2yrs now and realized i liked them about 10x more when they were fresh out of the store.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #11
Wanger

The one I had was Fabulous now, and I have a few more in the humi, thankfully. I HAVE read that the Drac needs some time, though. Only have one of those...so far.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
klipsch

Thanks for the review as well as the heads up that these are smoking well. I packed a couple of these to smoke with a friend, but we didn't have the time, so they're still in the travel humi. I'll have to pull one to enjoy myself I guess...lol
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Nice review! I felt the same way. This is a great smoke. Its just too bad I'm out of them
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Reading about this cigar makes me want to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
kayaker

Thanks for the review. I just received one in a bomb. It's cold up here now, but I'll take my first opportunity to smoke it.