Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #101
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tatuaje -The Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
After reading this whole thread and seeing everyones concerns, I might be tempted to sell only 666 boxes next year all directly from my Saints & Sinners club website....It will piss off a lot of retailers but at least I can keep the retail price at the suggested one. Of course anyone in California would have to pay OTP and local tax.....

First come first serve limit one per logged in customer......

I'm getting tired of being blamed for prices above suggested retail......
I briefly met you in Seattle but so many people were hanging on I couldn't get to talk to you, Was going to buy a couple more boxes for you to sign for the troops.

Just couldn't get a word in so many were hanging on, so I just got a box of cabs and left. Dang it.

I also say leave it alone, we don't blame you. I am pissed at your groupies though
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #102
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough

Heres a novel idea: Instead of making it a limited number cigar sold at only a few stores that people and retailers gouge, why don't you make it a limited time cigar so that everyone has a fair crack at ordering/buying it if they want it.

Bingo, problem solved.
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #103
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazzil View Post
Heres a novel idea: Instead of making it a limited number cigar sold at only a few stores that people and retailers gouge, why don't you make it a limited time cigar so that everyone has a fair crack at ordering/buying it if they want it.

Bingo, problem solved.
Halloween comes at the same time every year. We're all on this forum, so apparently we all have internet access. There's almost 2000 boxes of The Face being produced, which is more than enough for everybody. The people that do have boxes locked in already don't have some magical source that they're able to sit around in their underwear and HTF, LE, Rare sticks just show up at their door (except for Brooks... ). For anybody that is still in turmoil over the Halloween release that is going to be showing up out of no where, apparently with no warning...my best suggestion would be to start with this list of stores. People have cigars shipped from out of state all the time. As far as price gouging goes...just because some people already have a box or 18 boxes locked in...doesn't mean they didn't get gouged on the price. If anything...I'd be complaining about the @holes that are buying as many boxes as possible so that they can turn around and sell them for double what they paid this time next year. They're the ones that are eating up what's available for everybody. It's not Pete or the retailers. Those people need to get beat with a stick that has a nail in it.

Enough with the whining already...
Old 10-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #104
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
Halloween comes at the same time every year. We're all on this forum, so apparently we all have internet access. There's almost 2000 boxes of The Face being produced, which is more than enough for everybody. The people that do have boxes locked in already don't have some magical source that they're able to sit around in their underwear and HTF, LE, Rare sticks just show up at their door (except for Brooks... ). For anybody that is still in turmoil over the Halloween release that is going to be showing up out of no where, apparently with no warning...my best suggestion would be to start with this list of stores. People have cigars shipped from out of state all the time. As far as price gouging goes...just because some people already have a box or 18 boxes locked in...doesn't mean they didn't get gouged on the price. If anything...I'd be complaining about the @holes that are buying as many boxes as possible so that they can turn around and sell them for double what they paid this time next year. They're the ones that are eating up what's available for everybody. It's not Pete or the retailers. Those people need to get beat with a stick that has a nail in it.

Enough with the whining already...
This wasn't meant to be directed at any one person...and I apologize if it appeared that way.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #105
Tatuaje

I think if I made them available for only a short time, I would still have a problem. Retailers would be pissed because they wouldn't get their order in on time and I would still have to limit them on quantities that they could purchase.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #106
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Once again you can't please everyone. As we say in the Navy a b*tching sailor is a happy sailor.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #107
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think if I made them available for only a short time, I would still have a problem. Retailers would be pissed because they wouldn't get their order in on time and I would still have to limit them on quantities that they could purchase.
Yeah, I think whatever you do, as stated earlier in this thread:

With any limited release cigar, there will be scalpers, there will be collectors, there will be hoarders, and there will be the people who just want to try the cigar. With the release of the dress box and the plain box, I think you've covered your bases for the Tatuaje fans who matter. As for the scalpers and hoarders, well, not much you can do about them no matter how you distribute your cigars.

Personally, I won't be buying a dress box even though I'd love one, I can't afford it at MSRP or inflated prices, so that doesn't really matter to me. I will however try to pick up a few of the singles when they're released in the plain box.

Last edited by Brutus2600; 10-07-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Changed picture hosting
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #108
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough

Look, I've been thinking about this thing, and I've been kind of a dick on the face thread. Fact is, last I checked I still had a box coming, I paid a price I am happy with and when push comes to shove, those who want to try it will get a shot at it, if not at the retailers, then on the rebound.

I was kind of in a really foul mood that day I blasted Tat's marketing. Truth told, people could make a casebook on Pete's marketing under the category "Do this if you can". As I am going to marketing school, I should have realized this.

Yes there are people out there on Tats unlucky list of thirteen that tried to gouge prices, I got past those folks and ordered from a place that I am EXTREMELY happy with. I got what I want, he got what he wanted, and in the end, Pete gets paid.

Capitalism at it's best and I am sorry for the sour grapes. For those who had to endure my drama queen mood I have only one thing to say
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #109
stewshi
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (23)
stewshi will become famous soon enough

Being fairly new to this will the cigars in a dress box be more than they are as singles? This is my first Tat LE release im following. Thanks in advance.
stewshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #110
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

Im just hoping to get my hands on a few singles
xlc12rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #111
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I am just impressed to see Pete posting and stating his case. I have never seen any other manufacturer ever post on a public message board. Shows a lot about his character in my opinion.
Just keep doing what you do. People will b*tch and moan no matter how you release the sticks or if you decide not to continue the limited release and if you do. Like someone else said, "You can;t please everyone. The fact that people are making a big deal and getting so pissed about just means your doing something right.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #112
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

Quote:
You sell and make one of the most sought after brands today, I tend to think you must be already doing it right LOL
Dave
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #113
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I am just impressed to see Pete posting and stating his case. I have never seen any other manufacturer ever post on a public message board. Shows a lot about his character in my opinion.
Just keep doing what you do. People will b*tch and moan no matter how you release the sticks or if you decide not to continue the limited release and if you do. Like someone else said, "You can;t please everyone. The fact that people are making a big deal and getting so pissed about just means your doing something right.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #114
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I have my hopes on the European distributer, last year he was able to get some Dracs and Boris. I called dibs on the Face's if he gets them.
And he came through, there are 2 boxes heading for The Netherlands, one has my name on it And as I am not greedy and selfish, I will share them with my fellow Dutch botls.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #115
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And he came through, there are 2 boxes heading for The Netherlands, one has my name on it And as I am not greedy and selfish, I will share them with my fellow Dutch botls.
hey...I'm 1/32 Dutch!....
Old 10-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #116
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
hey...I'm 1/32 Dutch!....
and that's the part of you that acts up as soon as the waiter brings the bill?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #117
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good one Ferdie!!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #118
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #119
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Personally, I won't be buying a dress box even though I'd love one, I can't afford it at MSRP or inflated prices, so that doesn't really matter to me. I will however try to pick up a few of the singles when they're released in the plain box.

Does that mean you want me to bring one of the Dracs and Borris to the herf this weekend for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewshi View Post
Being fairly new to this will the cigars in a dress box be more than they are as singles? This is my first Tat LE release im following. Thanks in advance.
I don't think many of us inmates knew that Pete was on this forum. I am glad to hear from him nonetheless.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #120
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
I agree with you very much right there and I think most of us actually agree. I had a conversation with my buddy today (one of the 13 shops) and he thought the same. It's not Tatuaje that comes up with these rules.

On another topic, as far as pricing goes, msrp should be around $13 a stick. Looking forward to smoking em.
Did you smoke one today???

How was it???

Did you get hints of leather???

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 10-07-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote