Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #241
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Stayed up last night watchin' the NASCAR race from Chicago and a big congratulations to Mark Martin and the entire Hendrick Motorsports team. The Yankees lost again to the Angels yesterday and hopefully they don't get swept in this series as the two teams will be back at it today at 1535 (3:35pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound for the Bombers. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy........
Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 AM   #242
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It just wasn't the Bombers weekend as they got swept by the Angels loosing yesterday 5 - 4 and going into the All-Star break 3 games behind the Red Sox. Yesterday was another great weather day as we all sat out by the pool side and relaxed enjoying a few of our favorites. It looks like the summer is finally upon us as the weather guessers are predicting the same for the whole week:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope everyone has a super week and takes the time to enjoy a few of your favorites and relax as well........
Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #243
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. It looks like it will be another great day and a perfect evening to watch the All-Star game on the back deck. I'll have to pick out a primo stick and hopefully watch the American League win as they have for the past few years. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 07-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #244
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and I think a hearty breakfast is in today. Today is the first day the new Cadets get a break afetr being here at West Point for 15 days. They'll be off this afternoon with a sponsor to be able to call home, have a burger and some ice cream, etc. The official name is "The Ice Cream Social" and this year my buddy Bill (Bravo Lima) and I will host 4 to 5 of them again. Well, it was good to see the American League win again last night for the 13th year in a row 4 - 3. Now let's get back to regular baseball and the 2nd half of the season. I hope everyone has a "Happy Hump Day" and enjoys........
Old 07-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #245
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday afternoon was enjoyable having the 6 new Cadets and giving them a chance to call home and offering them some BBQ and ice cream. They will be heading out to Camp Buckner in a couple of days and will be out there until the 10th of next month learning basic soldier field training, land navigation, patrolling, etc. Since today is Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars to enjoy the finer things in life and catch up on the world's news that I have missed. If you're in the vicinity, stop on by and join in on the fun. If you're not local or you can't make it, I hope you have a great day and enjoy it as well........
Old 07-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #246
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. TGIF!!! Really. it wasn't that bad of a week as far as weather, work, ect. We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar with all of the regular Thursday nighters (Uptown_Isy, Mr. Martini, Bravo Lima, Roadie, Speed Racer, etc.) smoking primo sticks and talkin' trash. Well tonight, the Yankees start the second half of thier regular season taking on the Detroit Tigers at 1905 (7:05pm) here in NY with A.J. Burnett on the mound for the Bombers. I hope everyone has an enjoyable and relaxing weekend filled with family and friends stoppin' over, primo cigars and cool drinks to go around........
Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #247
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Saturday. It was good to see the Yankees win last night with a Mark Teixeira three-run homer in the bottom of the 7th inning over the Tigers 5 - 3. For the full wrap up, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today, the two teams will meet up at 1305 (1:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound for the Bombers. Then later on today, the NASCAR truck race is on at 1830 (6:30pm) shown on Speed channel and then the NASCAR Nationwide Series race is on at 2100 (9pm) on ESPN2. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is off this weekend in preperation of next Sunday's race at the Brick Yard (Indianapolis Speedway). Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys.......
Old 07-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #248
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, I've been up ince 0430 on a Sunday. Had to drive a couple of the guys from the office to the airport (Newark, NJ) for a conference they have to attend in San Antonio, TX. Enjoyed a pot of espresso for the ride and now I'm back to enjoy the rest of the day. It was good to see that the Yankees won yesterday and the Red Sox lose to make it a 2 game deficit in the American League East. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys.......
Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #249
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win again yesterday and sweep the Tigers bringing them within one game behind the Red Sox. They are taking on the Orioles this evening at 1905 (7:05pm) with good ole' Andy Pettitte on the mound for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......
Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #250
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'll be home again all day today. I rolled my new Jeep Liberty yesterday on the way to work, I'm okay with no breaks or pain. Anyway, it was good to see the Yankees win again last and no they are tied for 1st place with the BoSox. The Bombers and the Orioles will be back at it again tonight at 1905(7:05pm) and hopefully they keep up the winning streak. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy......
Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #251
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won again last night 6 - 4 now in 1st place by themselves as the Red Sox lost to Texas 4 - 2. The Bombers will take on the Orioles again today at 1305(1:05pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 AM   #252
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees won thier 6th in a row and are now 2 games ahead in 1st place. Between the fielding and the hot bats, the Bombers are on a roll which is a good thing in the 2nd half of the season. Tonight they take on Oakland at 1905(7:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound. Today around 1330(1:30pm), Bill (Bravo Lima) and I will be heading up to the Uptown Cigar Shop in Kingston, NY where Israel and the rest of the crew will be hosting a Rocky Patel cigar event. Rocky's cousin Nimish will be there as well as Allyson (the regional rep) to talk cigars and update all as to what new ideas Rocky has for us in the near future. I hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL there and it's always great to take the afternoon off to enjoy it with Isy and the great folks at Uptown. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 07-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #253
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees made it 8 straight last night as Joba Chamberlain was on it with a final score of 8 - 3. The two teams will be back at it today with a start time of 1305(1:05pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also today, the NASCAR Nationwide Series is racing tonight at 2000(8pm) in preperation of tomorrow's Sprint Cup Series at the Brick Yard - Indianapolis Speedway. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a favorite ceegar or two or........
Old 07-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #254
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

The Yankees are rolling right now.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #255
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is hittin' the spot. Well, the Yankees winning streak stopped at 8 as they lost to the A's 6 - 4 yesterday. The two teams will be back at one more time today at 1305(1:05pm) and hopefully get another "W" out of it. Last night, Cousin Carl Edwards won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indy. Today the big boys (Sprint Cup Series) will be racing at the Brick Yard - Indianapolis Motor Speedway and at the end, the winning team will be kissing the bricks:

I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax and enjoy a few of your favorites.......
Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 AM   #256
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as well as fresh cherry turnovers. Yesterday was a another good one with the Yankees winning 7 - 5 and then Jimmie Johnson winning the Brick Yard 400 in Indy. Congrats to the Lowes / Kobalt Tools racing crew and the entire Hendrick Motorsports racing team. Tonight the Yankees will be taking on the Rays in Tampa at 1908(7:08pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #257
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning. Coffee is on here as well.
Montoya got screwed yesterday (whether by himself or by NASCAR, he still got screwed).
The Reds are going further and further back in the central division.
I'm ready for football to start up.
Maybe the Panthers have a shot this year.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #258
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. Well, the Yankees won the 1st of a 3 game stance last night in Tampa 11 - 4. Tonight, C.C. Sabathia will be pitching for the Bombers and hopefully they have the same results from the pitching team as well as the bats. We're definitely in the summer season with temps in the 80s and thunder storms likely every day:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope you avoid the bad weather and get out and enjoy a favorite ceegar today when you get the chance.......
Old 07-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #259
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Last night the Yankees lost to the Rays 6 - 2 and the two teams will play one more game down there in Tropicana Field this evening at 1908(7:08pm). Hopefully Joba Chamberlain can get another win for the Bombers and go 7 and 2. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys........
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #260
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won another one down in Tampa 6 - 2 with a dominating preformance by Joba Chamberlain. For the full story, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Bombers will be taking on the White Sox in Chicago this evening at 1908(7:08pm) with Andy Pettitte startin' on the mound for the Yanks. Also, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying fine cigars and brotherhood we all share. If you're close by and have the time, stop on over and join in on the fun. If not, I hope you have a great one as well and enjoy a favorite or two.......